• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question for HVAC guys

Sue to have the unit properly repaired, I'm not an expert, but I'm fairly certain that wrapping a cracked pipe in tape is not code. I guess the final determination will be made by the insurance adjuster as to whether the damage was caused by improper installation or just poor engineering.
I can understand condensation building up while the AC unit is in use, but how would it accumulate while the heater is running?

Now that I look at it closer - notice the blue dope - I think he replaced the pipe and maybe added some insulation so it doesn't happen again?
I do believe that you are right, I did not go out there today because I worked last night, and it was hell. I just texted my friend who owns the house and was there and she says that he replaced the pipe.
I guess it will be up to her homeowners insurance to sort it out.

Other than wires not OCD"d looks like a regular install. OttoMan OttoMan do heat pumps extract moisture with the heat on like 90% gas? I would change the condensate line to where there is not a trap but straight gravity fed. The strapping is normal until the duct inside is constricted. As to liability, to me it would be a $3.39 fix with the PVC, a $350 drywall repair and $450 painting. That is $803.39 what is the deductible and what is the increase in insurance making a $300 claim.

If the invoice has a line item to repair the original condensate line there might be a there there, but if they replaced the unit the way it was originally installed and did not charge to fix it, I would say bring it on. Maybe not what you wanted to hear but an opinion on the internet with a little knowledge in the arena

Back
Top Bottom