• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Question for the AR-15 pistol guys

Granted, but I am still of the belief that adrenaline is a major factor. I could be wrong. It has happened before.
Adrenaline may lessen your acknowledgement of the sounds... but a gunshot in an enclosed space can cause physical harm to the eardrum. There's no getting around that.

3 rounds of .357 mag in an 8' x 8' plywood box, and it cost me a significant amount of my hearing, and I'll never get it back. Auditory exclusion affects the brains perception of the noise, but it does not protect the tympanic membrane from the sound pressure.

3 rounds of .357 mag in an 8' x 8' plywood box, and it cost me a significant amount of my hearing, and I'll never get it back. Auditory exclusion affects the brains perception of the noise, but it does not protect the tympanic membrane from the sound pressure.
I can agree with that, I have loss of hearing from a combination of firing guns without protection, and many rock concerts in the 1980s.

My point was firing ANY non suppressed weapon would be an issue, but not a disorienting fright fest, just because it was a 223/5.56. Would be only varying degrees of too loud for safe hearing, even a .22 is too loud to be comfortable or safe in a confined space.
Hell I suggest that everyone shoots their weapon at least once without protection because it is different. Not debilitating, but it will get your attention.
However like NWS said, when you are in real fear and adrenaline is flowing, you probably won't notice the effect at all.

Just empty the 40 rd mag.That will work.View attachment 910259

Go to the range and shoot at 20-30ft. It's called instinctive shooting. And no I'm not crazy. I'm not going to even try to convince you, I'm just stating an opinion. I faired just fine clearing 126 buildings during operation phantom fury with my rifle canted to the left looking down the right side of the rail and barrel. It works in close quarters. You can laugh all you want. I'm not an idiot like you may think

Go to the range and shoot at 20-30ft. It's called instinctive shooting. And no I'm not crazy. I'm not going to even try to convince you, I'm just stating an opinion. I faired just fine clearing 126 buildings during operation phantom fury with my rifle canted to the left looking down the right side of the rail and barrel. It works in close quarters.
But didn't the debilitating shockwave, noise and muzzle flash keep you from functioning?

Oh yeah,LOL

Back
Top Bottom