• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question for the semi-pro mechanics

4 post drive on lift . More stable. 2post you have to make sure you are balanced correctly and take into consideration what you might be removing while on the lift. A heavy part will change the balance and could cause it to shift or even come off the arms.

Well I have a 2-post offset. A drive-on 4 post is faster to get a vehicle on for say fluid changes, but limits you other ways. I don't know what your main priorities/goals are, but you can access more parts on a 2-post, plus you can do a complete cab-off on a truck. If I had to go 4 post, I'd get one with the trolley jacks that could slide inside the wheel tracks to lift the vehicle off the tracks. Otherwise any suspension work can be a challenge.

Well I have a 2-post offset. A drive-on 4 post is faster to get a vehicle on for say fluid changes, but limits you other ways. I don't know what your main priorities/goals are, but you can access more pats on a 2-post, plus you can do a complete cab-off on a truck. If I had to go 4 post, I'd get one with the trolley jacks that could slide inside the wheel tracks to lift the vehicle off the tracks. Otherwise any suspension work can be a challenge.

I knew someone on here would rattle my memory lose! Thank you! I don't care about how much concrete the piers take.

I already have both lifts but ain't no chance I'll ever open another shop. I'm not doing anything except piers which will probably be as much as a slab for a big building but that's not what I need and, it'll get the roof after the lift is running. I'm planning on using the lift to hold the trusses.

4 post drive on….with lift to get wheels off rack would be my top choice as a professional mechanic. I have used them all (and none of them too) for years .

4 post drive on….with lift to get wheels off rack would be my top choice as a professional mechanic. I have used them all (and none of them too) for years .

I like that idea but sometimes I need to pull a cab off of a Ford or skidsteer or tractor. The 2 post is 12k lbs which is 6k per post. The 4 post is 10k lbs so that only 2500 per post.

Back
Top Bottom