• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question on SilencerShop process

I use a razor blade to separate the stubborn baffles on my Obsidian. Wedge between and work my way around until it opens up. They have some very tight tolerances, but they get better with time and only a couple get stuck together.

Was hoping to get it on the short approvals. But these are in a trust and from what I can tell that's still taking a while.
I've heard that about the Ruggeds in general. Tight tolerances and carbon lock. I've got a good heated bath ultra sonic cleaner. Probably toss the baffles in to loosen them up a bit and then put them back in once apart. Looks like Reddit (of all places) has some good cleaner recipes as well.

Mine is also heated so maybe that's why it works so well.

Just need a strong dowel to break them apart. My Spectre II gets that way after a long range day. Did you get the 46 or 46M version? I've been thinking about getting one.
Couldn't find the 46m in stock anywhere so went with the non-modular. That's ok since the Obsidian is and will live on pistol and PCC hosts. The 46 will see a lot of rifle rounds.

I was thinking about 46M for a Henry X in 44mag. I have an AAC TiRant45; but don't know how it would do on a rifle. It is out of the question on 44 pistol. I hunt with a Harvester 300 since the Omega 300 was just coming out and not in stock anywhere. I waited 13 months back then for the privilege of using them.

Since SS sends it to a local dealer, you should get notified by them when they are in.

In my case Quiet Riot, never had anything but great service with them.

I went through Cherokee G&P once and they called the wrong number (it was correct on both boxes!), gave up and let them sit for two months until I called the ATF, then called them directly.

YMMV depending on where you are having them shipped.

I was thinking about 46M for a Henry X in 44mag. I have an AAC TiRant45; but don't know how it would do on a rifle. It is out of the question on 44 pistol. I hunt with a Harvester 300 since the Omega 300 was just coming out and not in stock anywhere. I waited 13 months back then for the privilege of using them.
I've got my fingers crossed it's not that long.

Back
Top Bottom