• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Quick question NFA transfer

Thanks. I wonder why they made eform 4 have to be tied to an FFL? They do a great job of making things as hard as possible.
A dealers inventory from form 3s and others is in their eforms accounts, makes the paperwork easier and adds a step tracking items. Our private eforms accounts doesn't show our incoming form 4s, so we have nothing to "transfer out" per say. I'd imagine it's coming, but no time soon.

I've done a few form 4 to form 4. As stated above it's paper but generally half paid up front half paid when approved. Simple document written up as a selling agreement. Current owner keeps it until approved, respectfully doesn't shoot it during the wait not that I would have cared.

Generally I've only done this with educated professional people. Never delt with billy town the road working at the liquor store. So I've never had an issue with my dealings.

Transfer via a paper Form 4, or if the item is the only item on said trust you can add the purchaser as a trustee, then remove yourself once they take possession of the NFA item.

The 2nd route avoids the hassle of a Form 4 and $200 tax stamp.

Back
Top Bottom