• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Quota Hunt Applications

4 gator points. Hoping this is the year. As far as the deer quota, been hunting the same wma for 4 years now think it’s time to switch it up.

Have,
0-deer
2-dove
4-gator
2-turkey
3- state park
Get drawn every year for Di-Lane 1st & 2nd deer hunt, 5 years straight.
Been waiting on the State Park hunt, probably put in for Mistletoe this season.
Alexander wma for dove.
Di-Lane again for turkey.
I live within 30 minutes of three pretty good WMA's, Alexander, Di-Lane, & Yuchi but, but mostly hunt private lease.
Might hold onto gator for another year, gotta figure what region to hit.

4 gator points. Hoping this is the year. As far as the deer quota, been hunting the same wma for 4 years now think it’s time to switch it up.

Have,
0-deer
2-dove
4-gator
2-turkey
3- state park
Get drawn every year for Di-Lane 1st & 2nd deer hunt, 5 years straight.
Been waiting on the State Park hunt, probably put in for Mistletoe this season.
Alexander wma for dove.
Di-Lane again for turkey.
I live within 30 minutes of three pretty good WMA's, Alexander, Di-Lane, & Yuchi but, but mostly hunt private lease.
Might hold onto gator for another year, gotta figure what region to hit.

Zone 2, Lake Seminole.....look up Redneck1. BIKER13 BIKER13 or I can set you guys up with him.

I have pile of points stored up, let me know what yall decide.I think I have 4 state park and 7 deer I would like to try Joe Kurz. I've heard there are some monster bucks there!

You mean on a WMA? Where other people can hunt? With no idea of the skill set/Experience the kid 300 yards from you has?

Nope... You are all way braver than me...!

Did it one time at Paulding County.... Scouted found a great place, Got there early for opening day, sitting in my Bronco having a coffee from the thermos...
A car pulls up on my bumper.... I see the dome light kick on, and a Grand father gets out with his 15 year old grandson, he comes up to the Bronco and asks for a favor..
I get out and he has a new 30-30 bought at Walmart the night before with ammo, he asks me to show him how to load it, and go thru safety talk for his Grandson since he doesn't hunt.... His grandson lost his Dad the year before and wanted to start hunting...

I politely showed them how to use it, how to load and unload it. I told them a great spot and pointed it to them and told them where to walk.. I had left bright eyes up.
Before Daylight they walked in, I finished another cup of coffee, started up the Bronco and found a Waffle House, ate got home crawled back in bed and never stepped foot on a WMA again...

Had to be 1993-94.. Met a guy at a private Dove shoot the following year. He was president of a lease in Middle Ga. Hunted there till I bought land and a cabin in 2005.
My Boys have never have never hunted a WMA.. They are spoiled....

Fort Yargo 2 years ago. Never got out of the truck. It’s a zoo! Guns and flashlights everywhere. Total waste of time. I would quit hunting if had to hunt public land. I will keep applying for gator tag.

You mean on a WMA? Where other people can hunt? With no idea of the skill set/Experience the kid 300 yards from you has?

Nope... You are all way braver than me...!

Did it one time at Paulding County.... Scouted found a great place, Got there early for opening day, sitting in my Bronco having a coffee from the thermos...
A car pulls up on my bumper.... I see the dome light kick on, and a Grand father gets out with his 15 year old grandson, he comes up to the Bronco and asks for a favor..
I get out and he has a new 30-30 bought at Walmart the night before with ammo, he asks me to show him how to load it, and go thru safety talk for his Grandson since he doesn't hunt.... His grandson lost his Dad the year before and wanted to start hunting...

I politely showed them how to use it, how to load and unload it. I told them a great spot and pointed it to them and told them where to walk.. I had left bright eyes up.
Before Daylight they walked in, I finished another cup of coffee, started up the Bronco and found a Waffle House, ate got home crawled back in bed and never stepped foot on a WMA again...

Had to be 1993-94.. Met a guy at a private Dove shoot the following year. He was president of a lease in Middle Ga. Hunted there till I bought land and a cabin in 2005.
My Boys have never have never hunted a WMA.. They are spoiled....

The best days to hunt Paulding Forest are on the first two days of the hunt (Thursday and Friday) Saturday and Sunday are a no-go for me! There are some spots there that are too deep in the woods and too steep of terrain for the average hunter. Of course it took me the better part of two decades to find them!

Back
Top Bottom