• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Quota hunts this season.

24on48hunting

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Deer Hunting Junkie
215   1
Reaction score
Who put in for which quota hunt this year?
I'm in for a point on gator, hoping to hunt Chattahoochee Bend State Park for deer and Ossabaw in January for hogs. I'll be using 3 points on those. Points only for gator as it will take 4-5 points for Zone 2. Lord willing I'll go back there in 2-3 years.

Would love to hunt Chattahoochee bend. I heard it was a mad house when they first opened it up but they were taking some really nice deer out of there. Good luck and happy hunting!

Hunted Chatahoochee Bend last year. Still a mad house.

Shot a nice doe. Saw three deer. Did see some good bucks taken.

Plan to set up early, some areas you will trip over people. I had to look hard for a place that didn't have a stand every 200 yards.

Doubt I will put in for it again.

I like Rum Creek, Ossabaw, and of course gator. Usually get a dove hunt every other year.
Have a ton of points for turkey, waterfowl, and the other small hunts.

Always apply for the points on every hunt. Then if you ever decide to go you can be guaranteed. I think I've got like 6 turkey points. But don't Turkey hunt.

Never gotten selected for state park deer, I'll keep trying. Got selected for BF Grant once. Willing to give it another try. Won't ever do another quota/public dove shoot. :shocked:
I'll probably just put in for waterfowl and state park. I have enough points for gator, but will probably just collect another point this year.

I was always curious if you could put a boat in the river at that ramp right below Whitesburg and float down to a spot in Chattahoochee bend.

I have 7 point's for regular quota saved up and 6 state park points. I need to break down and use them. I keep saving them hoping the will open new areas and I will be guaranteed a spot in.

I was always curious if you could put a boat in the river at that ramp right below Whitesburg and float down to a spot in Chattahoochee bend.

Nope, have to enter and exit through the gate, part of the rules. The Rangers did a good job IMO. Safety meeting night before was good and they were helpful throughout the hunt.

I had thought of the same thing but they open all the roads so it really is easy to drive around and get to a spot.

Who put in for which quota hunt this year?
I'm in for a point on gator, hoping to hunt Chattahoochee Bend State Park for deer and Ossabaw in January for hogs. I'll be using 3 points on those. Points only for gator as it will take 4-5 points for Zone 2. Lord willing I'll go back there in 2-3 years.
Good luck sir.Guess I'll be sticking to Carrollton and Blairsville for my hunting again this year.:becky:

Would love to hunt Chattahoochee bend. I heard it was a mad house when they first opened it up but they were taking some really nice deer out of there. Good luck and happy hunting!
My Father and I hunted there that first year. He killed a big 8 and I killed a big 9 pt and a mammoth sized doe in 2 hunts. Unfortunately, that old spot is now smack dab in the middle of main road within the park. The deer per sq mile was crazy there. My place across the river has half the deer but yet is great hunting compared to most places I've been.

Back
Top Bottom