• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Radical AR 369.99 @DGP

Not true. If you read the shipping for most online retailers, it is the customers' responsibility once the item has been given to the shipper if you do not take out insurance. That is why insurance if offered to the customer to take that burden off of them.

Just because websites claim its the buyers responsibility doesn't make it true. Two specific federal laws (The Mail,internet, and Telephone Order Mechandise rule and the fair credit Billing act) protect buyers from having to eat the cost of an item never arriving, guns included. Every bank and CC will reverse the charge 100% guaranteed. I've never heard of charge backs ever failing on the note the buyer didn't get shipping insurance, it's the sellers responsibility to get the package to its destination. I'm surprised at you DGP, you know better.

Just because websites claim its the buyers responsibility doesn't make it true. Two specific federal laws (The Mail,internet, and Telephone Order Mechandise rule and the fair credit Billing act) protect buyers from having to eat the cost of an item never arriving, guns included. Every bank and CC will reverse the charge 100% guaranteed. I've never heard of charge backs ever failing on the note the buyer didn't get shipping insurance, it's the sellers responsibility to get the package to its destination. I'm surprised at you DGP, you know better.
100% correct. If you purchase it and pay the retailer to ship it, he has not fulfilled his contract with you until you actually receive the item. The retailer makes the contract with the shipper, not the buyer.

Just because websites claim its the buyers responsibility doesn't make it true. Two specific federal laws (The Mail,internet, and Telephone Order Mechandise rule and the fair credit Billing act) protect buyers from having to eat the cost of an item never arriving, guns included. Every bank and CC will reverse the charge 100% guaranteed. I've never heard of charge backs ever failing on the note the buyer didn't get shipping insurance, it's the sellers responsibility to get the package to its destination. I'm surprised at you DGP, you know bet

Just to clarify, I am not a lawyer, but one did draw up the information I reference so I don't exactly know how I know better because I am relying on the information of a lawyer. However, I do appreciate the information so I can go over it with my lawyer to make sure we are compliant with the law. I want to be sure we are doing the right thing for our online customers. This just means we have to raise the prices a little to compensate for losses that occur during shipping. Thanks for the heads up.

100% correct. If you purchase it and pay the retailer to ship it, he has not fulfilled his contract with you until you actually receive the item. The retailer makes the contract with the shipper, not the buyer.
I appreciate your information, how do you handle your shipping when selling online?

Found this interesting on Bud's Gun Shop, I believe they are the largest online seller of firearms:

SHIPPING

Firearms ship FREE at BudsGunShop.com. This excludes long guns shipping to AK, HI, and US Territories. Our minimum $9 shipping charge will cover most accessories orders. Whenever possible, we will combine shipping for multiple small accessories on the same order. However, because certain accessories can be drop shipped from various warehouses, the shipping rates may increase. Any accessory shipped from another warehouse will incur an additional $5.00 increase in the base shipping cost. Optional shipping insurance is available at checkout. BudsGunShop.com is not responsible for uninsured items lost or damaged in transit. If you would like to review the total shipping charges for your order, click "checkout" to preview the order. You can preview the order including the ship to address, and the shipping charge before you click to confirm your order. The shipping and handling charge covers the cost of standard shipping. If you require expedited shipping, the shipping fees will be greater. You must contact us for a quote if you require expedited shipping. Expedited shipping only applies to transit times, not the processing time. We do NOT ship to PO Boxes.

Found this interesting on Bud's Gun Shop, I believe they are the largest online seller of firearms:

SHIPPING

Firearms ship FREE at BudsGunShop.com. This excludes long guns shipping to AK, HI, and US Territories. Our minimum $9 shipping charge will cover most accessories orders. Whenever possible, we will combine shipping for multiple small accessories on the same order. However, because certain accessories can be drop shipped from various warehouses, the shipping rates may increase. Any accessory shipped from another warehouse will incur an additional $5.00 increase in the base shipping cost. Optional shipping insurance is available at checkout. BudsGunShop.com is not responsible for uninsured items lost or damaged in transit. If you would like to review the total shipping charges for your order, click "checkout" to preview the order. You can preview the order including the ship to address, and the shipping charge before you click to confirm your order. The shipping and handling charge covers the cost of standard shipping. If you require expedited shipping, the shipping fees will be greater. You must contact us for a quote if you require expedited shipping. Expedited shipping only applies to transit times, not the processing time. We do NOT ship to PO Boxes.

Just because they put that as their policy doesn't mean it would hold up in court. It wouldn't even hold up to a credit card dispute. The law is the law regardless of what some company puts on their website. They just do that because they assume most people don't know any better and will not bother to pursue it.
If I ship a firearm there is no option whether or not to buy insurance. It is figured in to the shipping cost. It would be crazy to not insure it. I am the one who would be out the money if the buyer didn't receive it. The CC company would reverse the charges in a heartbeat.

Just because they put that as their policy doesn't mean it would hold up in court. It wouldn't even hold up to a credit card dispute. The law is the law regardless of what some company puts on their website. They just do that because they assume most people don't know any better and will not bother to pursue it.
If I ship a firearm there is no option whether or not to buy insurance. It is figured in to the shipping cost. It would be crazy to not insure it. I am the one who would be out the money if the buyer didn't receive it. The CC company would reverse the charges in a heartbeat.
I understand that the credit card company would most likely side with the customer, but there are other ways to collect. Can you help point me to the exact law regarding this so I can check it out? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom