• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RadioShack to close all stores, sell half to Sprint

Everything is disposable now.Most people dont know how to change a spark plug anymore,much less tear apart an electronic device for repair

Everything is disposable now.Most people dont know how to change a spark plug anymore,much less tear apart an electronic device for repair
Sad but true.

Instead of trying to fix something, most people will just throw it away and go buy a new one on credit.

It's the American way.

I needed to replace a TV antenna and they were the only folks I could find local that had the parts. I guess when this breaks in 20 years I'll have to go to Amazon. Otherwise I don't see many folks mourning their loss.

They should have changed the name to "Cellphone Shack" years ago.

Fry's has way more radio stuff at half the price.

But there is only one Fry's. And it's not in Macon, Columbus, Savannah, Augusta, etc. Radio Shack is, or was.

No more free batteries...

My last visit was to find a small motor. The young bored teen behind the counter didn't know what an electric motor was. Or where to find one. I doubt she could have told me what metal was used for the ring in her nose.

Well, the autotranslated ChiCom descriptions of most electronic components offered on Amazon are more informative than the counter help at the TRS stores. My experience anyway. 'Murica, right?

Darn it. Now where am I supposed to go when I need a capacitor or resistor? Granted, the kid in the store didn't know what those "bits and pieces" (kid's words, not mine) were in the bins last time I was in there, but I knew what I needed.

Guess I'm going to make an appearance at the store closing sale and make them an offer on all the "bits and pieces" they have.

Back
Top Bottom