• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Range time with M1 Garand and my new to me 1903A3

10thmountain

Default rank 5000+ posts
American Warhorse.
121   0
Reaction score
Went up to my In-Laws Farm this afternoon. Did a Super fast quick and dirty function test with a 1944 SA M1 Garand
This is the one I built last September. It's a wild rifle. Has a 6-66 SA Barrel and I finally peened the splines a month ago and got a lower band roll pin installed. Everything went well with the first clip. I loaded the second clip but then....THE TRIGGER ASSEMBLY FELL OUT WHILE FIRING. Luckily my father in law had a pair of large pliers and some electrical tape. We bent the trigger guard back in so it would lock up real tight. Problem Solved.

It shoots accurately and functioned well after the quick fix.

The rifles.
IMG_3049.JPG

FullSizeRender (89).jpg

My Gear and ammo.
IMG_3050.JPG

First 5 Shots from prone with sling and glove with my SC 1903A3. Shoots incredibly well. Love at first squeeze of the trigger.

IMG_3053.JPG

My Second 4 Shots ever from sitting position with sling and glove....My Father in law took a single shot at another target hence the 4 shots...

IMG_3054.JPG

So all in all..a good day. I learned some quick field armory skills with the M1 and am amazed at the accuracy and buttery feel of the 1903A3. What a rifle.

Love the 1903a3. Had the damndest time with it at first. The ejector was broken and would let me feed a round every so often...new ejector and it is flawless. Shoots like a boss, feels like you have some real authority in your hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom