• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ranges in North Georgia

Elk River Training Center in Pelham TN has a 1,000yd range, a 400yd range, and a couple of pistol/carbine bays. They just ordered new steel targets, and they should be in soon.

That’s about a 2 hour drive from Canton, but gorgeous area up there. Worth it to spend a weekend. Plenty of hotels/motels/cabins/campgrounds in the area.

Johns mountain is also know as Chestnut mountain shooting range look on the USDA site
I would join Riverbend gun club and just soak up the dues. I know of two people that got shot at Chestnut mountain. That's the range a new gun owner opened up his semi-fire pistol on a Target while a man was on out on a cold range hanging at Target. Me and both my kids were there and that was the last straw I walked away from that place and never went back. Plus there's no range attendant there to keep the riff Raff out. You should see some of the shifty-eyed bastards and walk around there just waiting for you to turn around so they can grab your prized guns.

They are just two many new gun owners out there from my taste. I can't get any shooting done because I'm worried about what the fool next to me is doing. One time I had to ask the guy about six times please don't point that gun at me again. It was more of an order than a ask because at that time I was pissed off.

Why doesn't anybody ever endorse Riverbend Gun Club. I mean I know it's $900 initiation and only $300 a year. To me it was well worth the money for all the shooting venues that you have there. Plus you can park an RV there and stay a couple days. To me it's the best deal on the market by the time you pay for gas to drive Tennessee or to anywhere near the quality and quantity of venues with today's gas prices it makes perfect sense.

Is it really free when you had to purchase a license to use the facility?? :caked: :caked: :boink: :boink:

The best WMA you will ever shoot is in Alto, GA Search for “Wilson Shoals WMA Range”… for me, it is just an awesome place.

AND IT IS FREE! - You just got have fishing or hunting license.

I enjoyed shooting at Adairsville shooting range off highway 41. That was around 2009 - 2011. He went private at some point and his hours are very limited. If you're retired it might work. Good range and nice owner.

Back
Top Bottom