• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Raw Honey

Gimmeguns

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
101   0
Reaction score
I have been reading about Raw honey and it's uses. Seems to be amazing stuff. Has anyone used or sell it on here? Talking about RAW unprocessed honey.

Thanks!

I have been reading about Raw honey and it's uses. Seems to be amazing stuff. Has anyone used or sell it on here? Talking about RAW unprocessed honey.

Thanks!

That's the only kind of honey that we'll eat, raw and local. Look for a farmer's market or a feed and seed in your area. I am debating about doing a harvest from one of my hives soon. But, I need someone w/ more experience to let me know if I should or not.

My inlaws in Ohio have 10+ hives they keep.

The honey is just outstanding. Pure, American, nothing added but what God intended.

They also make hand cream, beard cream, lip balm and more from it.

Not astute to the actual medical benefits but I can tell you it tastes better than anything I have ever had.

From what i have read, the commercially produced stuff is pasturized (Which alters the taste and kills alot of the enzymes) Bacteria cannot survive/live in Honey, so not sure why they pasturize it. Maybe the conatiner it is put in has something to do with it.

I will check around locally.

They pasturize it so they can thin it out with water and "stabilizers" so that it doesn't crystalize.

Exactly. I keep mine on the windowsill in direct sun for an hour or so.

Also used the microwave. Don't turn it on the micro, but put it in and if the microwave has a light, turn it on.

Thats usually strong enough to do the trick.

Back
Top Bottom