• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ray Charles could track this deer!

Hiking, you can't open a can like that without giving some details of the hunt. We want the story! :) And yes, that deer laid out the red carpet for you. Good job and congrats!
Alright you got it. I took vacation this week to do nothing but hunt and it has been an awesome week. Seen a good bit of deer every day this week. I was kicked back messing around on my phone around 10:30 only to look up and see what I thought was a do at 15 yards in front of me. When it looked at me I didn't see any antler due to half his head being hidden by a tree. I pull up and shoot, it was a spine shot at about 15 yards hunting off the ground. He started moving with just his front legs. I get another arrow ready right off the bat. As he is moving I see a horn only on one side of his head. I get up and head to give a quick heart shot and look back at the deer and the only antler is gone? One side was nothing but a nub like the antler never grew. The side I saw had 2 points on it. I had give a heart shot and the buck is down quick. I call my brother and we come to drag it out only to find he snapped what antler he had disappeared. We looked for about 30 minutes and never found it and the deer only went 30 feet. It was crazy as hell. This was a wild hunt, I hit the deer with a Spitfire 100grain broadhead. Best heads money can buy in my opinion,got 5 deer this year so far with them. Been an awesome season. God is good!!!

Alright you got it. I took vacation this week to do nothing but hunt and it has been an awesome week. Seen a good bit of deer every day this week. I was kicked back messing around on my phone around 10:30 only to look up and see what I thought was a do at 15 yards in front of me. When it looked at me I didn't see any antler due to half his head being hidden by a tree. I pull up and shoot, it was a spine shot at about 15 yards hunting off the ground. He started moving with just his front legs. I get another arrow ready right off the bat. As he is moving I see a horn only on one side of his head. I get up and head to give a quick heart shot and look back at the deer and the only antler is gone? One side was nothing but a nub like the antler never grew. The side I saw had 2 points on it. I had give a heart shot and the buck is down quick. I call my brother and we come to drag it out only to find he snapped what antler he had disappeared. We looked for about 30 minutes and never found it and the deer only went 30 feet. It was crazy as hell. This was a wild hunt, I hit the deer with a Spitfire 100grain broadhead. Best heads money can buy in my opinion,got 5 deer this year so far with them. Been an awesome season. God is good!!!

I love to hunt on the ground, right there at eye level with them. Killed my best buck ever seated at the base of an Oak Tree, but not with a bow. That's awesome you got him with a bow at 15 yards hunting on the ground! Heck yeah, that's a story worth hearing! To me the size of the deer does not matter as much as how you get him. Great hunt!

Back
Top Bottom