• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RBGC 2019 Run-and-Gun (5k/10k)

How did everyone feel they did?

I’ve got to say that course kicked my butt pretty bad. I started around 2pm and way overdid it. I knew better, but I pushed hard. By the time I reached stage 2 my heart rate was 202 (I’m 41, so that’s very bad). I was pretty incoherent. My wife damn near had the EMT pull me. I was in bad shape. I guess the ROs just thought I didn’t know what I was doing and gave me a hard time, but I was just about to pass out. Stuck it out anyways and tried to recover best I could. Had to sit for a while. Heart rate was at max the rest of the day. Not sure if I was dehydrated or just had a heat stroke. Finished the rest of the course run/walking. Not my best performance and certainly not what I usually run.

I shot well cleaning a couple stages. Had a malfunction on stage 3 that resulted in a timeout. FTE 3 on that one. Got a couple penalties on stage 1 and stage 6 for missing the A/B zones. Times were good overall.

Still had a great time.

It was awesome. I did two loops. Met some good people, learned some things, namely that running with a kit is way harder than without it. Need to work on pistol speed a ton. I started at 130, so i feel ya.

There were more prizes than people to take them home at the end of the race.

I am wiped out I did the loop and the 6 foot wall sucked the hills sucked the wet feet sucked the burbees sucks the heat sucked I cant wait for the next one. Tons of fun I won some great prizes and finished 11th in the 10k I was really hoping for top 10 but all well maybe next time some really awesome shooters came out and having 511 there was cool and the sling guy that I bought one from McLean I think was awesome there was a whole tactical mall set up

Maybe I should have stuck around after. Family was screaming to go. Didn’t know they were doing awards or we would have stayed. Not that I expected to place or anything.

Have the posted the scores yet?

I missed both chuncks of wood with the tomahawk the first loop, then stuck a double on the 2nd. It made it all worth it.

wow what an experience!!!! Unfortunately I didn’t complete the whole thing I pulled a muscle in my leg on the third stage getting over the wall....when the RO said you got to get you and your gear over this wall I looked at it and laughed in his face lol. I asked if I could just take a penalty for not doing it and he said no you have to at least try so I did to no success and I told him I couldn’t do it to which he replied yes you can. He told me to go get the wood to prop against the wall and it would help and at first I still couldn’t do it but he was persistent and I was finally able to get a leg over and pull myself and my gear over then I went on to get all the hits on steel which felt amazing but I could feel the muscle in my leg hurting on the way to the fourth stage but I pushed through the pain till I got to the bottom of the hill I couldn’t do it by then the muscle in my leg was so tight I could hardly bend my knee so to avoid further injury I called it. I am proud of how far I got and what I was able to do I will continue to lose weight and do it again next year for sure!!! Plus I got to meet @Burdy too so that was cool he mentioned watching some of my YouTube videos of my 3 gun matches which made me feel really good!

Attachments

• 382BAB2B-C9AE-4FC4-9E41-0C91B56FE34F.jpeg
    382BAB2B-C9AE-4FC4-9E41-0C91B56FE34F.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom