• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info
Unfortunately Infidels tend to pick up a lot of lint when carried a lot and that'll cause them problems firing and retracting. If they're used a good bit for cutting and lose that razor edge they come with these things are a major pain in the butt to get back to a razor sharp edge unless you really know what you're doing. D2 is a tool steel that's not the easiest to sharpen plus the fact that the Infidel is double edged with only one side sharpened. You knife looks exactly like the one I have so it looks legit from the pics, mine has been carried A LOT and used a lot too so the blade isn't nearly as tight as it once was and certainly isn't as sharp as it was when it was new. When mine got to where it wouldn't fire & retract right I sprayed brake cleaner generously through it and blew it out with my air compressor. Once it was good and dry I used a little Wilson Combat gun oil in the slots where the button is and a drop or two in the hole on the end of the handle and a tiny bit at the base of the blade and that fixed it. I still need to send it to Benchmade for a "tune up" to tighten up the blade and get it sharpened. All that being said, after I traded for my first Microtech OTF I'll probably never buy any other OTF knife other than Microtech again. The quality of Microtech blows Benchmade right outta the water in my opinion.
I would agree

Back
Top Bottom