• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Real Estate - Flip vs Renting

I swapped from HVAC to window ac units. YOU have the power to screen your tenants. You can deny anyone you like. Nobody with a decent credit score and no history of damaging property or evictions is going to tear your place up. There is a right way and a wrong way to do section 8.
Why the swap? Easier to replace a stolen window unit than a ripped out HVAC?

HVAC units get part stolen. I put a cage around the hvac and they cut the bars and still got to it. Ive learned little lesson along the way. $60 to replace a window ac unit through a good property management company.

There are scores of examples on the net cautioning about what happens with Section 8 housing. From the examples I've seen anyone with a Section 8 house shouldn't be renting it if they actually think they can eventually 'flip' it for a sale without first having to do some major repair work. IOW, starting off with a 'nice' house to start with and subjecting it to tenants you can't select and who really only pay a small percentage of their available income as rent (Section 8 covers the rest). The bare minimum of habitability standards just enough to pass Section 8 requirements and that's it.

I used to help my best friend rehab former Section 8 condos until we got tired of having to replace nearly every part of its installed systems (HVAC, plumbing, electrical, major sheet rock replacement, etc.) They'll rip out anything they can to sell it for crack money.

Here's one:
LOL! That what he gets for subjecting the neighbors to a Section 8 voucher holder.

Back
Top Bottom