• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

South West GA  Real Estate: WTS Small Country Estate / SHTF Retreat? Coolidge, Thomas Co.

SOCOM

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
20   0
Reaction score
My wife and I have decided to put our house and property up for sale. We're looking to buy a larger home for our growing family.

$119,000

House Description:

The little gem is a Cottage Style Farm House built in 1950. It's approximately 1100 sq.ft. It was originally a 3 bedroom 1 bath but I added a large utility/laundry room and converted the bedroom on the end to an office (now it's a nursery:) ) So, it's current configuration is 2 bedrooms and 1 bath.

The house contains nothing but beautiful tongue and grove heart pine from top to bottom....literally! The floors are 1x4 heart pine, the walls are 1x6 heart pine and the ceiling has 1x4 pine bead board.

Two of the rooms have not been painted so they still show off the beautiful wood tones and aged patina of the pine.

The living room has a beautiful mantel surrounding the working fireplace. There are custom matching window boxes over the windows too.

The master bedroom is still natural pine and has a cedar lined closet.

This home was renovated in 2004 with many upgrades.
  • New 30 year architectural shingles.
  • Completely rewired and electrical brought up to modern code like new house construction. Everything electrical was stripped from this house and replaced.
  • A new Trane 2.5ton heat pump was installed with new duct work.
  • New General Electric water heater.
  • New General Electric Stove.
  • New General Electric Microwave.
  • New General Electric Dishwasher.
  • Heavy insulation blown in attic.
  • New septic system.
  • New Deep well installed installed in 2006.

There is a small front deck and a larger deck located on the back of the house.

Property Description:

It's located on 4.00 quite and peaceful acres just off of an old country dirt road. It's surrounded by several hundred acres of farm land and woods which are abundant with wildlife such as deer and turkey. There are no neighbors within sight. The closest neighbor is a half a mile away in either direction on the dirt road.

The only sounds you hear are the sounds of nature, especially at night. The house is located far enough from the highway that you rarely hear anything other than frogs, owls and other wildlife. Enjoy the view of about a 10 acre pond behind the house located on neighboring farm. While there is no pond access it does help encourage a thriving eco-system in the area.

At night when you look up you'll be amazed at how bright the stars shine. The sky is brilliantly lit up by stars as there are no city skylights to ruin the view.

Other Property Features:
There is a small workshop/shed with 4 lean to shelters built off of it. It has power and a service box so you can run large tools if you want.

There's a tree house built in one of the oaks.

If interested and we come to agreeable terms I have a few things on the property that could be left.

Attached to the shed is a 70ft radio tower topped with a 5/8wave IMAX 2000 Omni directional radio antenna which I use for long range radio comm. I have LMR 400 coax run on my equipment. I can leave one of my radios too.

I have a 500gal fuel storage tank and a M105 trailer that was going to mount it on.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Thanks for sharing information.
I belong to real estate sector and like your home and interior design. I want to buy this home . If you contact with me for this agreement of purchase. This house is likely my dream.
chicago il condos

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot to mention that there is also a separate service pole, septic tank and water hook up on the property. One could divide the land and build another house on it to make some money or build a house for your mother in law..................or build a nice big shop with a throne room.

Also forgot to mention a few other upgrades.
New Solid Oak Cabinets installed in 2004.
New Corian Solid Surface Counters installed in 2004.
All old plumbing was gutted and replaced with all new plumbing in 2004.

Back
Top Bottom