• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Really Amazon?!

Amazon is the biggest rip-off company that has ever been formed in the USA. Yes, worse than eBay. They have all the sheep that buy from them totally convinced they are getting a deal, and making obscene amounts of money in the process. They are simply taking advantage of the lazy-azz attitudes of American society and making themselves and the shipping companies rich. There is nothing on Amazon that you can't find cheaper in person someplace.

I've been on Amazon Prime for years...if they have the best price, I buy there. If not, I shop elsewhere. But Gordylew is right...I order something from Summit or Jeg's...I pay for a handling charge. If I can get the same part on Amazon...I usually pay nothing for shipping or handling. Why should I pay $10 to have someone making $12/hr. spend 10 minutes tops putting something in a box?

It's the same as all the businesses now who decide to accept credit cards then pass the 3-4% surcharge on to their customers. I can understand this in service shops where there is no mark-up on their labor...but not for retail goods...
I don't understand the last paragraph... No mark up on labor? Retail goods have a fixed cost and labor to an employer is a fixed cost as well. A repair shop usually charges what the book says for time not how long it actually takes. I probably misread and just chased a rabbit.

Fwiw Uline does the same with packaging. I get three separate boxes with 10,000 each shrink wrap bands that all fit in one of the boxes.

I don't understand the last paragraph... No mark up on labor? Retail goods have a fixed cost and labor to an employer is a fixed cost as well. A repair shop usually charges what the book says for time not how long it actually takes. I probably misread and just chased a rabbit.

Fwiw Uline does the same with packaging. I get three separate boxes with 10,000 each shrink wrap bands that all fit in one of the boxes.

My mechanic charges me 4% on the rare occasions that I have to use a CC. He does not book his work...he bills what it costs him in labor to do it. Well...except for the $95 diagnostic fee...which has only been charged to me once (the last time I used him). The fee was justified...my truck had an issue that masqueraded as fuel issue when it wasn't fuel related at all. No telling how many things he tested before he found the issue. But I digress...

But yeah...I see your point. My guy just does it a little different - probably since I have 5 cars and he's touched every single one of them at one time or another...

My mechanic charges me 4% on the rare occasions that I have to use a CC. He does not book his work...he bills what it costs him in labor to do it. Well...except for the $95 diagnostic fee...which has only been charged to me once (the last time I used him). The fee was justified...my truck had an issue that masqueraded as fuel issue when it wasn't fuel related at all. No telling how many things he tested before he found the issue. But I digress...

But yeah...I see your point. My guy just does it a little different - probably since I have 5 cars and he's touched every single one of them at one time or another...
Roger that, I understand now.

I wonder if there would be more or less complaints when the tiny box got lost or mishandled due to its size.

Amazon is the biggest rip-off company that has ever been formed in the USA. Yes, worse than eBay. They have all the sheep that buy from them totally convinced they are getting a deal, and making obscene amounts of money in the process. They are simply taking advantage of the lazy-azz attitudes of American society and making themselves and the shipping companies rich. There is nothing on Amazon that you can't find cheaper in person someplace.

Time is money. Even if I could find the item cheaper in person somewhere is it worth the time, effort to search for that store, dealing with crowds, and burning gas to save that money? For the majority of people the answer is no.

Back
Top Bottom