• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

recommendations for face shield for pistol matches

patches

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
0   0
Reaction score
Bros and sisters, I can use some educating on finding some sort of face shield for pistol matches. Debris can fly back and hit shooters/bystanders. I've been hit just above the upper lip by a small pebble traveling at speed. That made me realize that, had my mouth been open as it often is, I would have shattered a tooth at a minimum. It's just a thought, but if there's a way to improve safety, especially without it being a pain, it would be nice to hear it. Thank you folks. Happy trails and may God bless America.

Some paintball masks are made with double layer lenses made of polycarbonate or another Lexan type material -- not cheap "acrylic plastic" which shatters easily.
Paintball masks are made for use during high action simulated combat games using both rifle and pistol type weapons,
including modern generation long guns that have a shoulder stock and optics.

Some paintball masks are made with double layer lenses made of polycarbonate or another Lexan type material -- not cheap "acrylic plastic" which shatters easily.
Paintball masks made for use during high action simulated combat games using both rifle and pistol type weapons including modern generation long guns that have a shoulder stock and optics.
This is how I would go right here if I was looking for full facial protection

Depends on what competition your doing. But shooting around barricades may be kinda hard with a face shield. Not knocking being safe but some risk comes with the sport. I have been hit twice by ricochet. Small bits of brass and bullet splatter. Just make sure you wear very good eye protection and ear protection.

Paintball masks are made for use during high action simulated combat games using both rifle and pistol type weapons,
including modern generation long guns that have a shoulder stock and optics.
Thank you. I had never tried a paintball mask, and was unfamiliar with them. Wal-Mart had a paintball mask that was made with only a single layer lens. I tried it on to get an idea of fit. It comes very close to being what I need. Thank you for the recommendation.

Back
Top Bottom