• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Recreational Pot; has your view changed?

Do you think marijuana should be decriminalized and taxed as a commodity?

• Total voters
The government has caused the drug scourge through prohibition. It's so bad now that it is easier to buy morphine or heroin on the street than it is to get treated for pain from your doctor. I've seen alcohol ruin far more lives than weed ever did. It's too late to fix it though. Billions of dollars are spent enforcing this twisted war and you will never get politicians or pharm companies to end the war.

Guys this discussion has been entertaining and informative. Clearly, there are lots of opinions on this topic. I commend everyone for being respectful in voicing their opinion.

I am in law enforcement and if making something illegal would guarantee that it prevented it, then I would be all for banning pretty much all drugs- alcohol, Marijuana, Crack, methamphetamine, etc. Unfortunately, that's not the case. So then, what's the best answer (because I don't believe there is a perfect answer)......I am not sure.

And
The funny part is most (over 70%) of police officers and federal agents have had to admit to marijuana use (and other substances) to be waivered and hired usually prior to the polograph except in certain NE states where they simply sign a sworn statement. (lol) and they depend on BG checks to verify.
So the potential FBI agent can smoke weed 3 years prior to applying, use cocaine 7 years prior (small amounts) and still make it through the hiring process if in a critical field. We cant even draw from a hiring pool that has not used recreational drugs. Crazy. The 18 year old that gets caught with a roach in his ashtray and is arrested for a misdemeanor is DQed but then 25 year old that got away with simply confesses and if he passes the BG and psych is good to go by admitting his crimes. Makes no sense to me and I dont even associate with those that are partaking.
Decriminalize. Arrest dealers of quantity. While I dont smoke anything but if I had cancer and needed to eat, screw then law, I would be cooking with it.

I do agree employers need to be able to reserve the right of testing and have the ability to discharge those that threaten safety and their insurance rates plus the survivability of their business.

"here"

Apparently, it hasn't affected your writing skills one bit.

:tongue:
Sorry talk to text got me. I haven't smoked since high school which has been a long time! I wouldn't mind it again but losing my job and everything else isn't worth it. I get randoms drug test about 2-3 months. I almost feel violated peeing in a cup every time I take one.

You've clearly never had to deal with the effects of drugs on either a professional or personal level. It ruins a lot more lives then just "their own". -- btw.

You've clearly never dealt with the effects of alcohol, on either a personal or professional level.
It ruins a lot more lives than just "their own".

What about the effects of dangerous drivers?
What about the effects of careless firearm owners?
What about the effects of being grossly overweight?

What about the effects of being an addict to anything? It's a personal choice that you let anything take control over your life.

You've clearly never dealt with the effects of alcohol, on either a personal or professional level.
It ruins a lot more lives than just "their own".

Actually my father is an alcoholic . . . and is currently incarcerated, which I assisted with - and in court ordered in-patient rehab - for family violence and alcohol and prescription drug abuse violations. So once again, you are grossly mistaken.

- and no, I do not have high hopes for him once he is released.

I've lost family and friends to both alcohol and drugs. After living with an alcoholic for 8 years I can honestly say I had much rather her been smoking pot than drinking. She's gone and my life is so much better now and I have woman who I love dearly but alcohol is a hell of a drug when it's abused. Moderation is key with anything. Being when I am politically I just don't think it's the government's job to be the police of morality, I think that's a standard as a free man that you should set yourself as long as no one else is being harmed.

The government has caused the drug scourge through prohibition. It's so bad now that it is easier to buy morphine or heroin on the street than it is to get treated for pain from your doctor. I've seen alcohol ruin far more lives than weed ever did. It's too late to fix it though. Billions of dollars are spent enforcing this twisted war and you will never get politicians or pharm companies to end the war.
you are probably right . . .

Actually my father is an alcoholic . . . and is currently incarcerated, which I assisted with - and in court ordered in-patient rehab - for family violence and alcohol and prescription drug abuse violations. So once again, you are grossly mistaken.

- and no, I do not have high hopes for him once he is released.
We know first hand, Sorry about your father!

Back
Top Bottom