• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Red dust coating after tumble

Thanks for all the input! Got it now! A few pieces of Never Dull an automotive product made by Eagle One thrown in the tumbler with the tuffnut. WOW looks like virgin brass.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the input! Got it now! A few pieces of Never Dull an automotive product made by Eagle One thrown in the tumbler with the tuffnut. WOW looks like virgin brass.

Wooo there! BE Very Careful!! I think NeverDull like Brasso etc have Ammonia and they will destroy your Brass! Ammonia makes brass brittle and Subject to Rupture. Not exactly sure about the "Neverdull" but I believe I was told it had ammonia just like "Brasso". "DANGER WILL ROBINSON". Be carefull what you use.

Last edited:
A friend and I split a big bag of corncob we got from Northern Tool. We had it delivered to store to save on cost.
I use a huge Midway tumbler with a couple of caps of NuFinish and brass comes out like new.

No ammonia in never dull I checked before I used it ( it contains petroleum distillates)

Yes sir you are Correct, after further investigation Nevr-Dull contains No Ammonia. Brasso also makes (or used to) a Wadding that looks exactly like Nevr-Dull.
Years ago I used some Brasso on some Winchester 7.62x39 Brass, after reloading 150 rds and going to the Range and firing about 100rds, we started picking up some of the brass, 38 of them Split the on case side, 15 had split necks. Been loading the same Recipe for along time and have never experienced it since. But I've never used Brasso again. Think I'll stick to Corncob and Walnut, a touch of Nufinish. But you have made me a Bit Curious, always willing to be open minded. SAFELY of Course.

Brasso can only lists "petroleum distillates" also.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom