• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Red Snapper mini season

Tusker6N

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
77   0
Reaction score
Who's headed out? Taking the son and son-in-law out today. Looks like it's about the only "good" weather day both weekends. Not really targeting Red Snapper, but will see what we pull in. Launching out of Sunbury, going at least 15 miles out and hitting all the reefs in that mileage range. If it really smooths out, 2 footers, may run to the R2 tower.

Good luck to all, pics and an update will follow.

"Wetdream"

1509792116440-1540862702.jpg

Great day on the water. 1-2 footers the entire day. Caught 5 Kingfish and 7 Spanish Mackerel. Lost about the same, had one Kingfish bite in 1/2 by a shark.
IMG_20171104_103343758.jpg

My son with a 38" Kingfish, this was his 1st trip out.
output.jpg

On the dinner table, broiled fillets and steaks. I smoked a couple fillets and made smoked fish dip as well.

Well done with that Spanish, By the looks of your numbers you must have gone past the reef.. Damn Cuda's have sliced to many of my smokers when I was younger...Them and Wahoo!

We went 20 miles out to one of my tried and true trolling spots. If I knew it was going to be so calm, I would have made the trip to the R2 tower (45 miles). That extra 25 miles really makes a difference.

We went 20 miles out to one of my tried and true trolling spots. If I knew it was going to be so calm, I would have made the trip to the R2 tower (45 miles). That extra 25 miles really makes a difference.
Keep doing that and get Radar!! Watch for the bird clouds and have fun with Tunney's!

Keep doing that and get Radar!! Watch for the bird clouds and have fun with Tunney's!
In a couple years I'm going to repower the boat to a 4-stroke(better gas mileage) and add a radar system. Then it's off to the gulf stream. Didn't get any tuna action this year, however, I know they come in to my range.

Back
Top Bottom