Reflections of a Vietnam Vet (SF)

The domino effect was real. It was going on in South and Central America. Also Laos and Cambodia. We didn't lose the war. We just quit. We fought the VC and NVA and won all the major battles. At the same time we fought three entities of the South Vietnamese government. These three also fought each other. These were the fights of bureaucracy. We entered the war with good intentions. We could have won. They wouldn't let us. I'm referring to our government. They should have kept the news media out of Nam. Politicians also. I salute the author of these writings. I spent much of my Air Force pcs tour with the 5th Special Forces at Can Tho and the A Camps. I have the utmost respect for those guys.

The domino effect was real. It was going on in South and Central America. Also Laos and Cambodia. We didn't lose the war. We just quit. We fought the VC and NVA and won all the major battles. At the same time we fought three entities of the South Vietnamese government. These three also fought each other. These were the fights of bureaucracy. We entered the war with good intentions. We could have won. They wouldn't let us. I'm referring to our government. They should have kept the news media out of Nam. Politicians also. I salute the author of these writings. I spent much of my Air Force pcs tour with the 5th Special Forces at Can Tho and the A Camps. I have the utmost respect for those guys.

Thanks for your service. I was at Camp McDermott in Nha Trang. My buddy was in the 5th SF at MacV in Nha trang

Back
Top Bottom