Reloading supplies in Augusta

Cabela's may be your best bet. The only other place that I know that actively stocks reloading stuff is Shooters (on Patriot's Way), although I could be wrong as I don't look for that sort of thing myself.

As far as gun stores (generally speaking), you could hit up Savannah River Armory (decent selection, nice people, high prices), Ace-Culpepper Outdoors (Washington Road-Evans)-great selection, great people, reasonable prices, and Friedman's/Southeastern Armory-Washington Road (HUUUUGE selection, Ridiculously HIGH prices, go to look, NOT purchase).
The cool thing is they are all (all 4 of the above listed) on or just off Washington Road and within a total of a 10-mile stretch.

Planning on it ain't been to one before. They never come to small towns and I don't like to leave home. My momma lives in Edgefield and works in Augusta we are going to see her so I figured I would take a chance and see what they are all about.

Planning on it ain't been to one before. They never come to small towns and I don't like to leave home. My momma lives in Edgefield and works in Augusta we are going to see her so I figured I would take a chance and see what they are all about.

That one is a GunRunner show. In the past, the only deals that I have found at those (been to several of theirs in the past few years) were on accessories (Magpul stock, for example) or knives (got a Spyderco at a decent price). As far as guns, it is rare to find an actual gun priced well at any gun show. But, if you want something to do while here, or are just shopping around and want to feel various guns in your hand, it might be worth it.
But, you can go to all 4 of those gun stores I mentioned and not pay a $8 entry fee! LOL

Ok I will have to check them out I was hoping to stumble on some powder or bullets there. Have you ever sold a gun at one? I have a 1894 marlin in 38-40 that was produced in 1894 that I am looking to sale. Not many collectors around here.

Ok I will have to check them out I was hoping to stumble on some powder or bullets there. Have you ever sold a gun at one? I have a 1894 marlin in 38-40 that was produced in 1894 that I am looking to sale. Not many collectors around here.

If you mean selling at a gun show, I haven't, but it is pretty common. Most guys I see come in tape a piece of paper to their shirts that says "Rifle for sale" or something similar while carrying whatever they have for sale around on their shoulder. Those guys get attention and usually get their stuff sold.
I haven't sold at a gun store either, but it's essentially like a pawn shop...you will probably get about 1/2 of what you are asking for it.

Back
Top Bottom