• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RELOADS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd buy reloads from someone that I knew had been reloading for a while and I trusted them.

Quite a few years back I traded some stuff around and ended up with 50 reloaded .38 specials and being bored I took them out back and shot them up. There were wadcutters and everything else mixed. I just grabbed a handful and loaded the pistol. There were minimal charges and maximum charges and I was most unhappy with ringing ears (even with muffs) and a sore hand when I was done.

If the reloads came from Biker13 I'd be happy to have them.

I'd buy reloads from someone that I knew had been reloading for a while and I trusted them.

Quite a few years back I traded some stuff around and ended up with 50 reloaded .38 specials and being bored I took them out back and shot them up. There were wadcutters and everything else mixed. I just grabbed a handful and loaded the pistol. There were minimal charges and maximum charges and I was most unhappy with ringing ears (even with muffs) and a sore hand when I was done.

If the reloads came from Biker13 I'd be happy to have them.
A significant clue is if the ammo comes in zip-loc baggies.

I got a bunch of 38 and 357 Mag reloads, all were in the plastic boxes, had the powder and grains with the bullet weight posted on the box. All shot very well.

Plastic bag? No thanks!

upload_2021-5-20_12-20-25.png

I've looked through the process of being licensed to sell reloaded ammo. What I don't see is actual follow-through wrt quality control, actual process, etc...

Seems to me is you fill the the forms, have a clean background (similar to Form 4473 questions) and pay the money.. Oh....and insurance...

It comes dome to trust do you trust a person enough to take his reloads and shoot them?

Will they be normal rounds?
Will they blow up my gun?
Am I going to loose a body part?

I shoot my reloads only as I trust my self anyone else besides a company I not risking a limb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom