• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Remington 700 ADL Issue

uzzo2

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
2   0
Reaction score
I've been having an issue with this particular rifle and was wanting to see if anyone here has had similar problems before I contact Remington about it. It's marring up my casings, big long scrapes all the way to the rim. It looks like it's happening during the feeding process but I'm not 100% positive about that. I wouldn't be that concerned about it. But I reload, so I want to keep my casings in as good of condition that I can.

I have had one or two with the internal mags lips getting slightly bent near the feed ramp. Opened them up with a dremel and polished. Cured the problem.

I have had one or two with the internal mags lips getting slightly bent near the feed ramp. Opened them up with a dremel and polished. Cured the problem.

I sure wish someone would tell Remington about this. I've sent it in under warranty 3 times now and it's returned to me each time dong the exact same thing. There was a burr in the chamber, they wound up putting a new receiver on it the second time it went in. I don't have a dremel tool and even if I did. I don't know that I'd be comfortable doing it myself. Does anyone here have a contact number for someone possibly higher up the food chain with Remington I could call?

Try loading the mag... Of course without one in the camber. I had the same problem with a 700 in 300wsm. Seemed to fix it. I left it loaded for a week in the safe. It was hard to close the bolt with the mag full & was leaving scars/scratches on all the brass. Im assuming that leaving it loaded relieved some of the tension of the spring. GL

Try loading the mag... Of course without one in the camber. I had the same problem with a 700 in 300wsm. Seemed to fix it. I left it loaded for a week in the safe. It was hard to close the bolt with the mag full & was leaving scars/scratches on all the brass. Im assuming that leaving it loaded relieved some of the tension of the spring. GL

I'll certainly give it a shot, although it does it with only one in the mag. It's definitely the lips on the mag that's doing it as loadnplenty said.

Its not a big deal doing what loadnplenty said,Its already broke so I don't think you will mess it up anymore or take a pair of pliers and bend the lips up just a little.

bigstick is an ornery old fart but this is a very good article on the basics of getting the 700 Magazine right.

some foul language

http://www.asrealasitgets.net/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=78464&page=1

Ornery indeed, but very informational. It looked like in that forum he was dealing with the mag box not fitting right causing F/F issues. One thing I didn't mention is that when I got the rifle back from Remington the other day. I told them before I sent it that I thought there was a burr on the mag box right where it meets the feed ramp. I just told them to send me a new mag box and I'd fix the damn thing myself. Of course it wasn't the mag box either.

It did the same thing after I installed the new box. So that's when I got my flashlight out and put one in the mag. I pushed it real slow and watched it under the light. That's when I finally caught it. Right as it starts nosing upward to hit the feed ramp those mag lips scrape it. Which kind of pisses me off because I don't believe that's what the original problem was. There was definitely a burr in the chamber originally. So they put a new receiver on it and shipped it back to me as it is now. I guess I am going to try Shiny 308's suggestion first before I start messing with the mag lips. I wish Remington would fix it, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom