Remington Chapter 11 - merged threads

motorhead

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
0   0
Reaction score
I know i work all nite long , but when and why is Remington being sued by the families of Sandy hook ? I thought that a law was passed where you could'nt sue a firearm company because their product . Also i did'nt know that when Cerebus and or the freedom group bought the company with what 211 million in debt . Please someone explain the law and being sued ,was i wrong ? How did big Green get into such a mess ??? M

I know i work all nite long , but when and why is Remington being sued by the families of Sandy hook ? I thought that a law was passed where you could'nt sue a firearm company because their product . Also i did'nt know that when Cerebus and or the freedom group bought the company with what 211 million in debt . Please someone explain the law and being sued ,was i wrong ? How did big Green get into such a mess ??? M

This is the second or third time they have gone under. I don't know about the law suite question.

As for the lawsuit angle, I THINK I remember it is going on in Conneticuit and it was dismissed/thrown out due to federal law abt liability, but the state supremem court decided to look i to tak8ng it up. No idea how that works, but it cost money and is another anti tactic I am sure.

It's not a liquidation. It's restructuring debt, screwing others out of their money completely, avoiding some judgements, possibly even Sandy Hook, basically a CYA move. In a couple of years they'll be back as American Kitchen Equipment or some other BS name like S&W's parent company.

This isn't news folks - it was reported at least a month ago that they would be filing Chapter 11.

Back
Top Bottom