• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remington Nylon 66

I always wanted one when I was a kid, but never had the money, even when they were $50/$60 brand new.

Fast forward....to about 5 years ago...started seriously searching for one on GunBroker. Found and bought "several", as well as a couple CBC Brazilian clones too. They shoot just as well as a Remington, but are not quite the real McCoy. Expect to pay $200 and up for a CBC, $300 and up for a decent used shooter-grade Mohawk Brown 66 with all its parts and just normal stock wear. All of mine are fully functional. A 66 with feeding issues is a gun to walk away from as digging into the guts to fix these kinds of problems is a booger. Basic field strip down to bolt removal is OK, any further is dangerous territory.

None of mine are currently for sale, as I will pass them on to my sons/grandsons. If you find them in local pawn shops they are usually in pretty used shape and they want $400-$450 for them....overpriced. $450 is OK if they are like BNIB with very minor wear. Check GunBroker and Guns International, I found them at both websites. GB is usually an auction whereas Guns International is straight purchase from seller.

Happy Hunting.

I always wanted one when I was a kid, but never had the money, even when they were $50/$60 brand new.

Fast forward....to about 5 years ago...started seriously searching for one on GunBroker. Found and bought "several", as well as a couple CBC Brazilian clones too. They shoot just as well as a Remington, but are not quite the real McCoy. Expect to pay $200 and up for a CBC, $300 and up for a decent used shooter-grade Mohawk Brown 66 with all its parts and just normal stock wear. All of mine are fully functional. A 66 with feeding issues is a gun to walk away from as digging into the guts to fix these kinds of problems is a booger. Basic field strip down to bolt removal is OK, any further is dangerous territory.

None of mine are currently for sale, as I will pass them on to my sons/grandsons. If you find them in local pawn shops they are usually in pretty used shape and they want $400-$450 for them....overpriced. $450 is OK if they are like BNIB with very minor wear. Check GunBroker and Guns International, I found them at both websites. GB is usually an auction whereas Guns International is straight purchase from seller.

Happy Hunting.
You are right about pricing in pawn shops. A local one in Rockmart has two on the shelf for 425 and 450. They are in fair shape but too high in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom