• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Renegade Restore

Last boil...dried and carded and while its still screaming hot from the boil, a rag thoroughly saturated in Rig and Hoppes 9 oil is run down the bore and all over the exterior. The barrel will be left to rest over night allowing grease/oil to fill all the pores. Final assembly and photos in the morning.

Rust is good. Don't let anybody fool ya. (And this my friends is a 120g finish, it'll satin up when the excess oil/grease is wiped away. It'll be lovely.)

i.imgur.com_mbMNu5h.jpg

i.imgur.com_53CZhHu.jpg

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Completed. Not factory new but things like loose and cracked wood, no shape, external rust, cleaning and function check, fresh bluing, etc...all completed. A couple coats of wax shy of storage. Perhaps a day at the range soon to see how round balls fly, pretty straight and true I suspect. But, other than that ready to go home.

i.imgur.com_hnn6Hrz.jpg

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

i.imgur.com_hJuJXvx.jpg

i.imgur.com_6g0ecmh.jpg

i.imgur.com_u33Pv8S.jpg

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Hours actually workin on it ... bout 20 give or take a few. Bout 5 evenings anna couple weekends. Its not difficult work. Just takes patience.

GOing to take a stab at refinishing my rifle stock. Did it in the 80`s last time with straight true oil. Too light, going to darken it up this time around.

Back
Top Bottom