• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rep Matt Gaetz trying to take on the ATF

The NFA and ATF are two different things.

Do I think suppressors and SBRs should be NFA items? No.

The ATF is getting their power and rule making from the NFA. Just remove the source and the ATF validity crumbles.

No politician is going to do anything meaningful to limit the ATFs power. I hope I am wrong, but its pretty hard to reign in power, once power is given.

The ATF is getting their power and rule making from the NFA. Just remove the source and the ATF validity crumbles.

No politician is going to do anything meaningful to limit the ATFs power. I hope I am wrong, but its pretty hard to reign in power, once power is given.
No politician is going to do anything meaningful to return power to the people. I'm past the point of believing in elections or having any hope for us getting out of this mess peacefully. I firmly believe that it is going to have to get exponentially worse before it ever gets better.

No politician is going to do anything meaningful to return power to the people.
What a lot of people don't really want to consider is the fact that it isn't a "politician" that's going to make this get tabled and never out of committee. There are a lot of people out there that have millions of dollars of NFA inventory that would be instantly worthless if the NFA was over turned. They will never let this happen. It would cost them millions. Nothing to do with any politicians.

What a lot of people don't really want to consider is the fact that it isn't a "politician" that's going to make this get tabled and never out of committee. There are a lot of people out there that have millions of dollars of NFA inventory that would be instantly worthless if the NFA was over turned. They will never let this happen. It would cost them millions. Nothing to do with any politicians.
While I agree that easy access and no troublesome paperwork equals bad for prices, it still has everything to do with politicians. Those with the inventory still have to line someone's pockets.

While I agree that easy access and no troublesome paperwork equals bad for prices, it still has everything to do with politicians. Those with the inventory still have to line someone's pockets.
It really doesn't....and "bad for prices" doesn't really describe it. You've got a guy who has a transferable M60. He spent $60,000 on it....it's now selling for almost $80,000. If the NFA goes away, that guy just lost around $79,000....that's 3/4 of a 1/10 of a million dollars. It has nothing to do with "prices being bad." It's erasing wealth. And those with it won't stand for it.

Back
Top Bottom