• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rep Matt Gaetz trying to take on the ATF

It really doesn't....and "bad for prices" doesn't really describe it. You've got a guy who has a transferable M60. He spent $60,000 on it....it's now selling for almost $80,000. If the NFA goes away, that guy just lost around $79,000....that's 3/4 of a 1/10 of a million dollars. It has nothing to do with "prices being bad." It's erasing wealth. And those with it won't stand for it.
I agree with all of the above. Someone still has to cast the yea or nay vote.

I agree with all of the above. Someone still has to cast the yea or nay vote.
You're missing the nuance. No one will ever cast the "yea or nay vote." It never makes it out of committee. Because phone calls are made and people are reminded that if they ever want to run for election again, they will make this go away.

We are our own worst enemy on this issue.

You're missing the nuance. No one will ever cast the "yea or nay vote." It never makes it out of committee. Because phone calls are made and people are reminded that if they ever want to run for election again, they will make this go away.

We are our own worst enemy on this issue.
I completely agree. Once again, we have career politicians scared of ruining their reelection chances. The spineless politicians are still a huge issue. I'll meet in the middle and say they may not be 100% of the issue, but I think 99.999999999% is a fair assessment.

Time to send letters to congress and support the GOA. Just maybe ATF has crossed one line too many here!
Inform legislators that the 88 day rule will instantly create felons for folks who have reported their "previously legal" pistols with braces due to the fact that after 88 days the request to register as SBR will be denied. No way the ATF can process those number of filings in 88 days. Its a trap!
nothing but showboating.......

It really doesn't....and "bad for prices" doesn't really describe it. You've got a guy who has a transferable M60. He spent $60,000 on it....it's now selling for almost $80,000. If the NFA goes away, that guy just lost around $79,000....that's 3/4 of a 1/10 of a million dollars. It has nothing to do with "prices being bad." It's erasing wealth. And those with it won't stand for it.
Not sure about that. Demand would absolutely skyrocket. If you controlled supply, at least initially, prices might actually increase.

All talk, corrupt as the majority of politicians.

When the speaker drama was happening a few weeks ago, after his and others speeches and grandstanding, donation emails and calls were going out.

Just a way to stay in the headlines and fundraise which I’m sure goes in their pockets.

Trust none of them. It’s all a way for them to line their pockets.

I'll have to disagree. Folks that collect those kind of toys aren't gonna miss a few grand. Thousands of Americans becoming instant felons will wake up some sleepy pols

Not sure about that. Demand would absolutely skyrocket. If you controlled supply, at least initially, prices might actually increase.
I don't know how you would control supply, though. Some of the heavy hitters in the NFA realm, FN, for instance probably has no desire to ramp up production to sell to the civilian market. But would they sell the right to, say, Palmetto State, to tool up to build M249's?

If the NFA goes away, there's no way prices don't plummet. The only thing keeping them sky high is the demand vs their finite supply. When supply becomes infinite, both demand and price plummet. How many people want a machine gun just because they can't have one? When they can have one, will they still want it?

Back
Top Bottom