Revamped get home bag

not sure what the budget is like, but I keep NVG in mine.

even if it is a cheap used gen 1. it could help you out ALOT. They would help you identify a threat or bad condition at night and react in time.

Ditch the underwaear, I've gone commando foe the past 12 years, can't wear underwear anymore. I'd also get rid of the binoculars and get a monocular personally. Throw in a few bics and some laundry lint for tinder.

Real REAL bad idea. You spend a few days walking commando without showers or clean clothes your nuts are going to go a bright red and rub off like an old pencil eraser.

Just bought these from Costco. I'll let you know how they are...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441814324.762107.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441814337.150159.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441814345.404470.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441814354.024649.jpg

I bought the large size, I just grabbed the mediums first and snapped a picture.

I have compact hammock and netting, 4 sealed pouches of water to start off with and energy bars.2 days worth, filters yes, gloves,multiple firestarting,compass. need maps and socks. Need better light. Always keep forgetting to refresh the batteries.

View attachment 522134 I got alot of responses to my last post, so Im reuploading this with some changes
Right to left
Anorak
Map
2 mres
Gloves
Binoculars
Baofeng bf8hp
Crkt multitool, compass light ferrorod
Sawyer minj squeeze water filter
Headlamp flashlight
Firstaid kit with moleskin and ducttape
200yds 30lb test mono
Campcup
Paracord
Slimjims
Sog revolver
50 rnds 135grn 10mm
Glock 20 sf spare mag leather holster
Clothes are not pictured, but include 2 sets smartwools 2 pairs underwear 1 pair bluejeans ball cap and a shirt and rocky combat boots
I feel like i may be forgetting something, constructive criticism time
I also recently make a tomahawk head i may throw in

The story behind this is that I work in Chattanooga and live in the Chatsworth area, if shtf did go down i want to be able to get home to my family in about 3 days. I have had plenty of experience in the woods hunting, fishing, and hiking. This is not meant to be a fully encompassing leasurly hiking pack, but a last dotch effort to get to my family.

I`m screwed if SHTF while I`m at work. Looking at 5 day hike

Back
Top Bottom