• Yes, but only with a pistol backup

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • No, I'm not from the past.

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Tacos

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Yes, as a BBQ, Special event.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Yes, as a BBQ, Special event. (Pistol backup)

Votes: 4 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I carry a little a little 5 shot 637-2 Airweight at times. I like it. If it turns out it wasn’t enough, it means the other Indian was better than me. It won’t mean he had a better gun.

Anyone can dream up a scenario where their favorite gat is the winner. Fortunately, I’ve never been in a shootout, so only operating on theory.
My limited experience shows that the bigger the hole in the barrel of the weapon you’re holding, the quicker people are to apologize for starting ****.

Comparing Apples to apples everyone is faster with a crisp semi auto. Faster first shot, faster follow up shots, faster reloads.

If you want to compare apples to hot dogs, then yes, you may or may not be much faster with a revolver than the average shooter is with a semi auto. But we don't get to pick and choose our advisory's and what advantages they may have over us. So any compromise you make, increases their potential advantage.

You know this, and I'm willing to bet if you knew the chances of you getting into a gunfight this evening were guaranteed, you'd take the 229 and not the revolver.

By your argument, I should be carrying my USPSA competition gun. Even better, I would have a 28rd STI built with a huge magwell and a 2lb trigger. I'm not gonna run anything else as fast as I run something like that. Anything else is too sloooooooow. Bull****.

I guarantee there are few folks that actually carry the gun with which they are the FASTEST with. If they think they are, they just ain't shot the "right" one yet.

FASTEST isn't at the top of my list of criteria for a carry/combat/fightin' handgun. RELIABILITY is #1 on my list. As a matter of fact, of the criteria on my list, FAST ain't even on there. I'm "fast enough" with every single handgun I own that I would trust as a carry gun.

I expect to get in a gunfight every single time I leave my house armed. Yes, I've left the house with a revolver on more than one occasion. That answers your question. I know my personal speed, accuracy, and overall capabilities with a revolver, and I've judged myself well-armed.

I had approximately $1500 worth of custom work done to a $650 revolver, just to use it solely as a carry gun. I've got semi-autos that I've got more money than that wrapped up in, as well, and I've carried those.

Yep, I carry a semi-auto most often. I don't judge it better, I just judge it as "different" from my custom M13 or M58.

Dude, if "fast" is your only argument, tap out now. You've played that card, and it's in the discard pile now. Play another one. An alternative is to get together, share some beers, and compare our respective gunfights and see how much the ability to run the gun itself FAST was actually a factor.

By your argument, I should be carrying my USPSA competition gun. Even better, I would have a 28rd STI built with a huge magwell and a 2lb trigger. I'm not gonna run anything else as fast as I run something like that. Anything else is too sloooooooow. Bull****.

I guarantee there are few folks that actually carry the gun with which they are the FASTEST with. If they think they are, they just ain't shot the "right" one yet.

FASTEST isn't at the top of my list of criteria for a carry/combat/fightin' handgun. RELIABILITY is #1 on my list. As a matter of fact, of the criteria on my list, FAST ain't even on there. I'm "fast enough" with every single handgun I own that I would trust as a carry gun.

I expect to get in a gunfight every single time I leave my house armed. Yes, I've left the house with a revolver on more than one occasion. That answers your question. I know my personal speed, accuracy, and overall capabilities with a revolver, and I've judged myself well-armed.

I had approximately $1500 worth of custom work done to a $650 revolver, just to use it solely as a carry gun. I've got semi-autos that I've got more money than that wrapped up in, as well, and I've carried those.

Yep, I carry a semi-auto most often. I don't judge it better, I just judge it as "different" from my custom M13 or M58.

Dude, if "fast" is your only argument, tap out now. You've played that card, and it's in the discard pile now. Play another one. An alternative is to get together, share some beers, and compare our respective gunfights and see how much the ability to run the gun itself FAST was actually a factor.

Fast was never my only argument. A massive increase in capacity and reload time are probably the better argument. You got caught up on the fast stuff and decided to write a book about it.

I love revolvers too. I've got way more revolvers than semi autos. But if any one of us knew for a fact we were going to be in a gunfight this evening and could only Carry one handgun, we'd all choose a semi-auto that holds more than 5-6 rounds. I know it, you know it, every one reading this knows it.

Back
Top Bottom