• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Revolver Carry?

Revolver for conceal carry?

• Yes

Votes: 45 64.3%
  • Yes, but only with a pistol backup

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • No, I'm not from the past.

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Tacos

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Yes, as a BBQ, Special event.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Yes, as a BBQ, Special event. (Pistol backup)

Votes: 4 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We had a nice lady from church join us at the gun show. She is about my age (advancing on 73) and she wanted a semi-auto to replace her wheel gun. She shopped around and found what she though she like but she couldn't rack the slide. Nice seller talked to her about it and her options and she is going for another wheel gun soon. Her current one is out of time and when she fires it shaves out part of the round and hits the wall to the side of her. Not safe at all.

I carry a Glock 30 on short frame and I can still work the slide OK but as I age it is getting harder and harder. While working security for one of our church functions we had one of Paulding County finest working with us. We talked about it and I showed him my difficulty and he suggested using side of boot or chair seat and pushing down on the back sights to make it rack. I can't stand on one foot and work the slide but could probably use a chair bottom if one was handy. I'll be shopping for another wheel gun shortly and if I can't get done what I need to get done with 5 or 6 rounds then there is a problem with me carrying a handgun.

We had a nice lady from church join us at the gun show. She is about my age (advancing on 73) and she wanted a semi-auto to replace her wheel gun. She shopped around and found what she though she like but she couldn't rack the slide. Nice seller talked to her about it and her options and she is going for another wheel gun soon. Her current one is out of time and when she fires it shaves out part of the round and hits the wall to the side of her. Not safe at all.

I carry a Glock 30 on short frame and I can still work the slide OK but as I age it is getting harder and harder. While working security for one of our church functions we had one of Paulding County finest working with us. We talked about it and I showed him my difficulty and he suggested using side of boot or chair seat and pushing down on the back sights to make it rack. I can't stand on one foot and work the slide but could probably use a chair bottom if one was handy. I'll be shopping for another wheel gun shortly and if I can't get done what I need to get done with 5 or 6 rounds then there is a problem with me carrying a handgun.
Check out the S&W EZ. 9mm and .380 I tried one out, and it requires markedly less effort to rack and release the slide.

If I were in the market, it would be at the top of my list right now.

Also, might want to consider the Beretta Px4 series. I have a couple, and the pistol's front sight is designed to assist opening the slide. Neat feature, don't know why it is not on a lot more guns.

If you’ve got a metal rear sight and a good gun belt, you can rack it off your belt.

Back
Top Bottom