Rhino lining the inside of a jon boat?? what do you think

mclovin

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
4   0
Reaction score
I have a jon boat that I am considering putting some sort of liner on the inside of it. I was wondering does it get hot on your feet (I'm usually barefooted) and what is the best type to use and how does it hold up? I see where it says if it leaks it will cause it to bubble up but this shouldn't be an issue with mine because it has a sheet of aluminum on top of the rivets so its like a flat bottom on the inside.(I've heard it called a floating floor???) Thanks in advance for the advice.

Its just plain aluminum and you can see where the previous people had carpet in it. I thought about putting carpet back in, but I think I would rather have the liner if it will hold up. I also want to have something there with a little grip to it and not just slick aluminum. And I'm open to suggestions if you think you have a better idea.

When I go to Arkansas duck hunting and everything is frozen the Rhino lined boats are so much easier to get in and out of. Ice on slick aluminum is straight slick.

Possibly the most practical would be some anti slip paint.

Another, nicer, option would be to get some marine carpet cut to size and bound, then use snaps installed in the floating floor to secure, easy to take out to clean / dry. Stuck down carpet is going to get nasty quickly, especially if you're fishing.

I've never been in a boat with it but it works and hods up great in a truck bed. Depending on what you want to spend they make a do it yourself kit that won't hold up as long put I put some in a truck once before and it did the job but definitely not as good as the Rhino.

How much weight will this add and will the extra weight be a problem or consideration?

I used generic bedliner from TSC, and I like it.

Weight wise, it has basically the same specific gravity as good paint, so doesn't affect buoyancy any more than a good coat of paint.

Also put some on the outside. It will make the bottom slicker if you have to deal with rocks (you know how alum. "sticks").

Back
Top Bottom