RIA or other

Which one

• Total voters

iceberg

Default rank <3000 posts
Baba Yaga
124   0
Reaction score
Looking at getting back into the 1911 game. Really torn between just getting a cheaper model just to get back use to them and what not. I’ll had all sorts of 1911s before from Rocks to Kimbers. Never had a semi custom or custom 1911 yet. So which would you do. Just get one or save and buy a really good one. I don’t plan on carrying it nor adding parts to it.

So WC1911guy WC1911guy would you say that the RIA is on par with the custom or ??? I know fit and finish is night and day different between the custom shops and production ones (except dw) and pride of ownership. If I go with the lesser versions I don’t want to spend x amount of money making it similar higher brand versions

So WC1911guy WC1911guy would you say that the RIA is on par with the custom or ??? I know fit and finish is night and day different between the custom shops and production ones (except dw) and pride of ownership. If I go with the lesser versions I don’t want to spend x amount of money making it similar higher brand versions

As you stated, it’s mostly in tiers based on price and quality.

RIA or any other brands mentioned are not on par with the custom shops. Anyone that says so hasn’t owned a custom shop pistol. There is a substantial difference. DW makes a good 1911 but they are not as good overall as WC, EB, NH etc…

But the RIA tactical models are just as (good in some ways) as SA, Sig, Kimber etc…

The finish isn’t terrible on the RIA but it’s not great either. The RIA shoot great, are heavy duty solid built and look good imo. I carry mine occasionally and like it’s look most than some of the traditional 1911 I own. The g10 grips and FO front sights are top notch. I’ve never felt the need to replace anything on mine with “better” parts.

I have always liked the rocks and had planned on getting another until I traded into some Kimbers. I am leaning towards getting trying the tac series from RIA. Now the only question is 9mm, 45, or 10mm???

I fondled one of these at NRA last year...the RIA rep told me they are basically hand-fitted custom guns from their master gunsmiths.

BigRock_LeftAngled_2.jpg

https://lockedloaded.com/product/ro...le-10mm-6-171-black-g10-grip-black-parkerized

They've dropped in price over the last year or so...but what's not to love about a 16+1 six inch 10mm 1911?

Reactions: GFB
Back
Top Bottom