Reaction score
Haven't found much on the subject so I thought I would share my experiences:

Rifle specs:
7.62x39
10 inch barrel
RD M4 stock adapter
RD Supressor tuning
Omega 300 can

A few weeks ago my RD710 disassembled itself on the range. No handloads, but one overcharged golden tiger round. I did a quick inspection amd didnt really see any glaring issues like warping or shearing. 80 rounds later resulted in my receiver separating from the stock adapter. Needless to say (but i will say anyways), I was fuming. I emailed them and sent pictures explaining what happened. They immediately called the next morning and left a message saying that they will pay for shipping and fix it. Shipped it with a copy of my form 4 and drivers lisence out to Nevada. They ended up replacing/upgrading the gas block to one of their new adjustable gas blocks, test fired, refinished, and test fired again. I was under the impression that they will cover the repairs as well, as i have not recieved a bill yet (still waiting on the rifle to be shipped back). Ive been happy with their handling of it so far.

Im looking forward to firing the rifle again and reporting back.

Attachments

• 20190223_155044.jpg
    20190223_155044.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 20190223_155032.jpg
    20190223_155032.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 20190223_155107.jpg
    20190223_155107.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 87
  • 20190223_155204.jpg
    20190223_155204.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 86
The carrier must have came back pretty hard, knock the top over off?

That's what took out the rear trunnion. Carrier slap destroyed the mans AK after thay claimed to "suppressor tune" it. OP, if thay charge you one red penny raise hell with them.

Notice they installed an adjustable gas block to avoid this happening again.

All AK's are over-gassed by design and adding a can destroys the rear trunnion. That's why we have adjustable pistons and gas blocks for them now.

Video example of rear trunnion slap without a can.

That's what took out the rear trunnion. Carrier slap destroyed the mans AK after thay claimed to "suppressor tune" it. OP, if thay charge you one red penny raise hell with them.

All AK's are overpasses by design and adding a can destroys the rear trunnion. That's why we have adjustable pistons and gas blocks for them now.

After building a handful of these and shooting them for years it's hard to imagine the carrier coming back that hard to shear those rivets. Obviously it happens but man that's a lot of force. Op good thing you weren't hurt.

All AK's are over-gassed by design and adding a can destroys the rear trunnion. That's why we have adjustable pistons and gas blocks for them now.

I agree. Due to their reputation, I just assumed they knew what they were doing when adjusting the gas system.

They said they wouldnt charge, but we will see what happens when they decide to ship it back after refinishing the moly resin coating

After building a handful of these and shooting them for years it's hard to imagine the carrier coming back that hard to shear those rivets. Obviously it happens but man that's a lot of force. Op good thing you weren't hurt.
I sent up a hail mary and sauntered home unscathed. I consider myself lucky

Back
Top Bottom