• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rifle kit for $449

I wish it stated what gas system is used and the barrel's profile. I skimmed it and failed to see it. a proper dissy should be a middy gas length.

I wish it stated what gas system is used and the barrel's profile. I skimmed it and failed to see it. a proper dissy should be a middy gas length.
Rifle gas HBar

A correct dissipator uses a rifle length gas system, not a kid length. Midlength gas systems improve reliability but weren't used until much later on

Rifle gas HBar

A correct dissipator uses a rifle length gas system, not a kid length. Midlength gas systems improve reliability but weren't used until much later on

If you want to cut the front sight post and put a full length FFT on it, it will look normal but the reduced dwell time would be my concern. I do not know how much of a reliability hit it takes but manufacturers wouldn’t use mid length and carbine length gas systems if the gun ran as good with the gas port a couple of inches from the muzzle.

Hbar & rifle gas, forget that! not enuff dwell time & too heavy!
It's a really front heavy setup

Great deal for a kit in this environment, but personally I think the setup has some drawbacks

Edit: bolt carrier is semi-auto profile, not M16 if that matters to anyone

Back
Top Bottom