• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rimfire benchrest match - edit April 25th.

You only need a 24X scope if you don't have a spotting scope to call your shots.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
Exactly. I've shot some pretty good 100 yard groups with 9x (OK, not rimfire but that's besides the point. At least I could see the target.)

Do it! I view these things as competing against yourself more than others. If you can see those tiny targets at 100 yards, you sir, are THE man.

I used to shoot 3 position rimfire matches. A lot of fun! I can ring an 8" plate at 100 with irons all day long. Benchrest targets, probably not so much!

You need as much as you have but you can shoot it with anything you have. I'm hoping it's just 50 and 100 yards. Apparently it's gaining popularity fast (they will be at least 2 maybe 3 relays despite adding new benches) so hopefully they won't have time for that 200 yard nonsense. ;)

Why? I'm sure there will be others set up that way. But I have an extra front rest if you'd like to use it.
Meh. I like outshooting benchresters with just a bipod

You need as much as you have but you can shoot it with anything you have. I'm hoping it's just 50 and 100 yards. Apparently it's gaining popularity fast (they will be at least 2 maybe 3 relays despite adding new benches) so hopefully they won't have time for that 200 yard nonsense. ;)

Why? I'm sure there will be others set up that way. But I have an extra front rest if you'd like to use it.
200 with a 22lr isn't bad at all. It's when you start pushing past 350 that it can get dicey.

Exactly. I've shot some pretty good 100 yard groups with 9x (OK, not rimfire but that's besides the point. At least I could see the target.)
Agree. When I still had young eyes and no money, I used to shoot some darn good groups with a 270 and an old 2-3/4x Redfield Wideview. With good handloads I could keep 5 shots inside 1/2". My old .222 Rem only had a 9x and I could regularly shoot 3/8" groups with it.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

I'm going to see about scoping my 10-22 and maybe I'll be there.

I've got a Cricket rifle too, but the front sight is a little off. :)
Do it! I'm assuming there'll be more than a couple 10/22's there. The Factory/Sporter class I'm sure has lots of off the shelf stuff in it. That's what I'll be shooting (stock rifle).

Sounds like it would be fun if I'm off. Where do you go to practice at distances over 25 yds on the south side of ATL? I've got a stock bolt 22lr with decent glass on it to have fun with.

Back
Top Bottom