• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

River Bend Gun Club public events

kdonnel

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
1   0
Reaction score
Has anyone been to either the action pistol or 100 yard match clinic public events at the River Bend Gun Club? I am thinking about going on the 20th but I have never shot anywhere like that or in a group setting. The events start early and it would be a decent drive from Hoschton. I don't want to waste my time if a newish shooter wouldn't be welcome.

Go you will not regret it. I have shot the 100 and a more welcoming bunch of shooter would be hard to find. I will not be able to go this month but I plan on getting back to it

I am a long time member and have had nothing but good experiences with friendly and helpful folks. I've never been to a public shoot there though, just club shoots. I am guessing it will be the same safe and friendly experience.

There are at lest 15 new shooters every event you are more then welcome out there. I will be there on the 20th for the action pistol come on out it will be a lot of fun. The on the 5th for the first 3 gun of the year you will love it. My shot her first action pistol in November and is pumped to get started this year.

We use to be a member there, its a really great place, nice facility, when we moved east about 2 hours from there we finally moved to the Elbert Gun Club, .

A suggestion is to go the first time and intently observe the match even video so you can play it back over, and over, it will help you to know what is expected, see how the "RO" gives commands, and what he expects from the shooters, and it will allow you to see how they handle any problems should any arise.

It is great club, and has a large spectrum of members, they all have a great passion for shooting.

just a suggestion, that has served us well over the years...

Has anyone been to either the action pistol or 100 yard match clinic public events at the River Bend Gun Club? I am thinking about going on the 20th but I have never shot anywhere like that or in a group setting. The events start early and it would be a decent drive from Hoschton. I don't want to waste my time if a newish shooter wouldn't be welcome.

From Hoschton it would be closer to Cherokee. We have events open to the public most every weekend. PM me and I can give you all the details. And if you want we can schedule a tour of the facilities.

Back
Top Bottom