• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

River bend gun club question

I can't offer a comparison as I've never been to Pickens, but I've been a member of RBGC for a few years now and I don't personally think you can beat it within an hour of where I live.

I joke with my wife all the time, but nothing beats a fun, safe, clean club...and if I can drive up on a Sunday morning, stop for Bojangles to eat and have a clean bathroom, with a heater in the winter...it's a good day...lol

I'm up in that area, equidistant between RBGC and Pickens County Sportsman's Club. Can anyone offer up a comparison between the two?
I’m on the waitlist at Sportsman and have not been there. I hear good things.
Im a member at River Bend and can say it’s a very nice place with many shooting venues. Safety is top of mind during the new member meeting and every day there. Having frequented a few public (enroute) ranges, safety became on of my top priorities in selecting a club.

I think Sportsman’s is less expensive to join and have a waiting list. No waiting list list currently at River Bend.

Bottom line, both quality venues.

I have heard thru' the grapevine that there have been some board member changes up at Sportsmans and one of the positions that was vacated was membership.

Whether this means anything regarding waitlists etc - I have no idea - but it does seem as though if you're on the waitlist, you do have to 'refresh' your status on there from time to time to indicate that you're still interested.

I guess I'll swing by on Saturday and take a look at the facilities at River Bend.
You can also call or email and arrange a tour with Greg. I could be wrong but I don't think you can just show up to a new member orientation, you need to have your application in first and then reserve a spot for the orientaion. You can also attend one of the many events every weekend, a good one to start with is Action Pistol. The next one is on Saturday the 16th.

You can also call or email and arrange a tour with Greg. I could be wrong but I don't think you can just show up to a new member orientation, you need to have your application in first and then reserve a spot for the orientaion. You can also attend one of the many events every weekend, a good one to start with is Action Pistol. The next one is on Saturday the 16th.
Yep, it looked to me that the New Member Orientation was focused on intake. My plan had been to turn up on a day when there was a public-accessible competition, but not compete in it. While the club obviously wouldn't want "some guy from the street" wandering around, I'd also rather avoid eating up a club official's time with a more formal "show-and-tell".

Back
Top Bottom