• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

River bend gun club question

RBGC is Disney for gun lovers. I was a member forever at South River, actually still am. RBGC is a far better club. You need several current members to endorse you. I know a bunch from pistol shooting sports that sent emails for me. Plus you can have non family or extended family guests for free up to 3 times before they have to join. The rifle ranges are fantastic and many. Good luck. They are strict on rules and safety and keep a close watch on the ranges but I haven't met a chucklehead yet. The default membership is for immediate family and grandkids.

I don't believe they had action bays when I was a member (for about 12 years) but it is a first rate club, it was never "crowded" and they just continue to expand and improve. Dated info (haven't been a member in over 10 years), so hopefully some current members can confirm or deny.
They had 9 +/- shooting bays back in 06 IIRC and was a member. The fee was 325$ at the time.

Getting members to sign off, go to open IDPA events a couple weekends and don't be shy and you'll get em (or any other public event).
Been over a decade so YMMV

This weekend (Sat.) there's a match just for M1-A /M-14 and M1 Garand rifles.
No AR's.

Next Saturday, the 12th, they have an "Across - the- Course high power match where the shooting is done from 200 yards, then 300 yards, and finishes at 600 yards.

ARs are welcome there, as well as rifles with scopes because they're going to have an F class -- a separate division for optical sighted guns.

I'm thinking about doing the across the course (XTC) match with my plain-Jane AR rifle, 20 inch barrel, iron sights.
But I'm not sure if I can spare 80 to 90 rounds of suitable ammunition.

From past experience I would not want to use Wolf or Tula ammo when accuracy matters, and some of the shooting will be done from the prone position, slow fire.

But from the standing position it would be OK to use cheap steel ammo; my wobble area would be four times wider than the accuracy limit of the ammo anyway.

EFD22DA0-7F7A-4002-8696-8B5C99330375.jpeg

I'm up in that area, equidistant between RBGC and Pickens County Sportsman's Club. Can anyone offer up a comparison between the two?

Back
Top Bottom