• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Riverbend Gun Club 5k run and gun

Great write up and info. I’m curious to see how I’ll do on one of these. I am a regular runner and do the occasional obstacle course race. I usually finish in the top 10 and/or top 3 for age. I’m sure I could have blown out the run no problem, but the shooting part is where I’m not sure since I’ve only done combat firing while in the USMC. Curious how I would do in one of these shooting competition since I’ve never done one.

Great write up and info. I’m curious to see how I’ll do on one of these. I am a regular runner and do the occasional obstacle course race. I usually finish in the top 10 and/or top 3 for age. I’m sure I could have blown out the run no problem, but the shooting part is where I’m not sure since I’ve only done combat firing while in the USMC. Curious how I would do in one of these shooting competition since I’ve never done one.

You would do better than me. I don't run very well and have never shot after doing any type of cardio. But I think I am thinking about giving it a shot next go around. Really more for the fun than the bragging rights (not that I would have any)

You would do better than me. I don't run very well and have never shot after doing any type of cardio. But I think I am thinking about giving it a shot next go around. Really more for the fun than the bragging rights (not that I would have any)
It's good fun, you get to meet like-minded folks and shoot the breeze. Best of all it's practical training for the worst day of your life and a reality check regarding functional fitness necessary for self defense.

It's good fun, you get to meet like-minded folks and shoot the breeze. Best of all it's practical training for the worst day of your life and a reality check regarding functional fitness necessary for self defense.

Exactly my thoughts. Best thing any of us can do to train for this kind of thing is get our health in check. That’s why I started running and doing 5ks, 10ks, half-marathons, trail races, etc... shooting is a ton of fun and I’m sure competing is even more fun. Combining the physical challenge and shooting sounds like the best thing ever to me.

Back
Top Bottom