• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Riverbend gun clubs 5k/10k run and gun april 30th

Awesome work Travis, Burdy, and everyone else that competed.

This one kicked my rear - but still goes down as a successful weekend. First time RO so that was the main goal, and I have nothing negative about that part!

As for the competition - I should have stuck with 5k - not that my 5k run time was anything to brag about, but atleast I shot consistent with my ability. Second loop I was the walking dead, 0 wait time but still sat down at almost every station (looking at runkeeper I have over an hour of self inflicted sit time). I stuck with the 10k in order to try out some gear changes and really wanted to redeem myself on Stage 3 and 6. Instead, I did worse on every stage except #4. Considerably worse on some. On stage 5, with 13/16 hits and another minute on the clock - I puked the tiny bit of fluids still in my body, tried to recover, puked again (on my rifle), and finally relented. After a good rest, I shot stage 6 only because its right next to 5 and I had to walk past it to the finish line anyway.

These events have taught me so much about my shooting ability/disability, gear choices, and now a grueling lesson in the importance of sleep, hydration, and nutrition!

See y'all at the next one!

That's why I am always chomping on shredded wheat the morning of these lol. That sucks about your second loop and the puke.

You sign up for Savannah yet?

I'm in for Savannah. I'm working in Savannah Tuesday-Friday that week, so might as well stay over one more night and shoot it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

That's why I am always chomping on shredded wheat the morning of these lol. That sucks about your second loop and the puke.

You sign up for Savannah yet?
Yes I'm already signed up for more punishment. At least for Savannah I go in knowing its nasty, hot, sunny, and humid.

I might, whats this one like? I most certainly could convince the wife to go on a weekend trip without the kids.

Just watched the rngnation video on it. Looks like a good time. Legion is also pretty close. Tempted to do both of them.
Legion is non-negotiable. You have to do that one.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

I might, whats this one like? I most certainly could convince the wife to go on a weekend trip without the kids.

Just watched the rngnation video on it. Looks like a good time. Legion is also pretty close. Tempted to do both of them.

Legion is a can't miss event Burdy Burdy is 100% right about that.

Savannah is fun hot and nasty. Usually has pretty fun courses of fire. It is flat which sucks for me and it is only a 5k.

Back
Top Bottom