• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rivet replacement

woe2theworld

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
14   1
Reaction score
Hey you guy I received an AK in the trade and under further inspection, I realize it had a broken rivet connected to the trigger assembly, I was wondering if it was possible for it to get replaced and could anyone point me to the right direction?
Also, what’s the typical cost to replace an AK rivet?

Attachments

• IMG_0385.jpeg
    IMG_0385.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0382.jpeg
    IMG_0382.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 34
Hey you guy I received an AK in the trade and under further inspection, I realize it had a broken rivet connected to the trigger assembly, I was wondering if it was possible for it to get replaced and could anyone point me to the right direction?
Also, what’s the typical cost to replace an AK rivet?
I think your a little confused on what's what. Let me edit your photo and maybe this will help. Your center support rivet looks fine. You are looking at the trigger pin and it looks like it's not all the way installed. Probably doesn't have retainer installed if it's coming out. Easy fix. The rivet/ center supporton the other hand is fine and doesn't need anything.
IMG_0385.jpeg
IMG_0382.jpeg

Take the top cover off, the mainspring,the Bolt and carrier out of the gun and take some pictures of the fire control group from a few different angles and post that and we'll see if we can guide you into permanently fixing this issue

Thanks guys , I ended up taking it to moss pawn in Jonesboro took about 30min and $60 but it fixed now they also added an clamp on the inside it not sure of the correct term but it’s fixed now i can’t complain…now I need to finish stripping this rattle can job

Attachments

• IMG_0395.jpeg
    IMG_0395.jpeg
    226.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0394.jpeg
    IMG_0394.jpeg
    269.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0392.jpeg
    IMG_0392.jpeg
    227.3 KB · Views: 16
To save someone 60 bucks down the road, just go to home depot and buy some e clips and slide it over the pin on the inside of the receiver as show in his Pic.

E clip goes into same place as the retainer ends go but are significantly cheaper and easier to obtain.

Back
Top Bottom