• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Robbers set up meeting with online seller, but lucky armed victim shoots robber instead

If he shot at the robbers while they were fleeing he's lucky he's not in jail.

The incident was over and there was no legal threat left to use deadly force on. Hopefully the DA is an idiot and doesn't realize he could get this guy locked up for years.

If he shot at the robbers while they were fleeing he's lucky he's not in jail.

The incident was over and there was no legal threat left to use deadly force on. Hopefully the DA is an idiot and doesn't realize he could get this guy locked up for years.

Or it could be that the police and DA have decided not to charge him because the bad guys got what they deserved. I handled more than one call that way when I was a cop. At a homicide I heard the detective investigating the case say, “That’s a clear cut case of self defense if I ever did see one. Some folks just need killin’.”

Or it could be that the police and DA have decided not to charge him because the bad guys got what they deserved. I handled more than one call that way when I was a cop. At a homicide I heard the detective investigating the case say, “That’s a clear cut case of self defense if I ever did see one. Some folks just need killin’.”
amen

I would have happily handed over the fake wallet I carry with about $25 cash, canceled credit cards, expired DL, and assorted crap to make it look real. Then the cheap flip phone if they ask for my phone, and as they exited the vehicle I'd push the Trunk Monkey button so they'd be beaten silly and I'd get my decoy stuff back.

Yup, probably the case here too... That's why I say he was lucky.

A different cop, a different DA, or just more publicity or a crusading 'journalist' and he'd be looking at serious jail time.

Back
Top Bottom