• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ROLL TIDE! Part Deux!

Transfers are for ******* who can’t honor a commitment!!

I disagree. Coaches come and go. They show up in those living rooms, recruiting kids, knowing that they probably won't be around long enough to watch that kid graduate.

Kids from poor neighborhoods, maximizing their value so, if they don't get to the NFL, or they get hurt, will have a chance at some financial security. Don't blame them in the least.

Don't like NIL, but don't blame them for taking advantage.

you need to be of a different race(Asian...Indian) certainly not a mud toe Ga cracker to get into that school!!!...they do not seem to like locals...I'm just say'n.....got a couple friends with children with 5.0....what ever...denied entrance.....one ended up at Alabama with a scholarship...the other a drunk at Auburn....

GT seems to be easier for kids to get into than UGA. This last graduating class from Cartersville has several kids that I know personally get into GT, all of them as pale as the white horse in Revelations!

A high GPA doesn’t get you into school anymore. You got to have something to go with it. Hell we have football players with 4.7 GPA’s now.

I disagree. Coaches come and go. They show up in those living rooms, recruiting kids, knowing that they probably won't be around long enough to watch that kid graduate.

Kids from poor neighborhoods, maximizing their value so, if they don't get to the NFL, or they get hurt, will have a chance at some financial security. Don't blame them in the least.

Don't like NIL, but don't blame them for taking advantage.
I was opposed to NIL but that's NEVER going back. No penalty for unlimited transfers is absurd and indefensible. It's worse than pro sports. You should get ONE penalty free transfer. If you want another, old rules of sit out a year. No third transfer.

I’ll just leave this here, take from it what you will.

Real men honor their word.

The simple fact some folks are ok with a welcher speaks volume about their own character

So, a 17 year old, listening to a famous coach earning $5 million a year, whispering sweet nothings in his ear, gets excited about going to a school and playing ball.

Then reality sets in: Doesn't get playing time. Coaches maybe don't love him the way they did during recruiting. Team not doing so well. Coaching staff turning over. Campus life isn't what he thought it would be. Maybe homesick. Realizes maybe elsewhere might be a better choice for both present and future.

And you blame that kid for playing by the rules and choosing to go elsewhere?

I was opposed to NIL but that's NEVER going back. No penalty for unlimited transfers is absurd and indefensible. It's worse than pro sports. You should get ONE penalty free transfer. If you want another, old rules of sit out a year. No third transfer.
And that's only for scholarship players. No free ride? Free to go wherever will have you.

The Colorado QB - Shadeur Sanders - will make almost $4 million this year through NIL.

I am GT grad - GT needs a coach that can work with the realities of current NCAA football situation. Tough to recruit into GT though as you probably should be able to read and write and do some math.
Or, as our island resident Tech grad says every year after Ga Dawgs wipe the floor with them in the annual game, ‘’Tech is an academic school’’.

So, a 17 year old, listening to a famous coach earning $5 million a year, whispering sweet nothings in his ear, gets excited about going to a school and playing ball.

Then reality sets in: Doesn't get playing time. Coaches maybe don't love him the way they did during recruiting. Team not doing so well. Coaching staff turning over. Campus life isn't what he thought it would be. Maybe homesick. Realizes maybe elsewhere might be a better choice for both present and future.

And you blame that kid for playing by the rules and choosing to go elsewhere?
last i checked their going to school for an education first and foremost. Secondly yes being a man is suffering through you poor decisions in life to honor your word., it’s what makes you tuff. If you’re half the player they thought you were work your ass off to be better!! It’s really not that hard of a call for me that is. But hey i was was raised to honor every comment i make.

Besides boo hoo I’m not playing let me transfer, boo hoo i don’t like the coach let me transfer, boo hoo Joe schmo said he would pay me more for my free edumacation let me tranzfer, yea panty wasted chicken hearted word breaking ******* is the reason this country is in the ****ter now so let me see here Do i blame the “kids” damn right

Back
Top Bottom