• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Romanian PSL Outing Today Woooo Hoooo what a fun hose with a scope to shoot

will4me

Wolf Icon Lifetime Supporter
Staff member
351   0
Reaction score
Ok so I have never owned a PSL before but now I have a rifle I will keep.
This thing is amazing, I have herd a lot about how these heat up and spread shots but this one was a JOY to shoot and yes it did spread but not allot.
I had 2 Failure to feeds but that was with only one of the magazines I put that one away and used the other Magazine's and the one that had the Rifle serial number on it and the rifle never had another failure again.
Rifle was completely controllable and recoil was no where near as bad as a 30-06 or Mosin Nagant 91/30 or M44.
Was real easy to sight in and never had one problem with the scope mount at all, I removed and reinstalled it to see if it would hold Zero and it did with no Issues.
It has a Pentax Rifle Scope its a Gameseeker 4x12x40 with this
Reticle:
reticle_54_ts.jpg

So to sum it up GET ONE you will not regret it!
Summed that up real quick LOL.

My son Shooting at 50 Yards:
2.jpg

Son's target at 25 Yards:
2 shot 25 yards.JPG

My Target at 50 Yards 2 shots slow fire:
2 shots 50 Yards.JPG

My sons Target at 100 yards:
Sons 100 yard groups.JPG

My Target at 100 Yards Slow Fire after rifle cooled down 4 rounds:
100 yard groups.JPG

Last edited:
My son has a PSL and it shoots great! Never a problem with anything. He only has two mags.

Nice!

I'm taking mine out today for the first time in a long time.

This was the most fun with a rifle I have had in a while.
Every time the trigger was pulled everybody at the Range looked you could feel the Shock wave from this thing.
and even though it was a large caliber it was fun to make it go Bang.
We ran about 100 rounds each through it.
I can not wait till the proper scope gets here, now that will add to the experience.
also my son after picking up the rifle he had the biggest grin on his face each time he pulled the trigger, I just love watching him shoot and enjoy himself.

Nice shooting, and great recap. I can tell you're smiling as you typed that!
i had some feed issues when i first got mine due to a couple of mags that let the cartriges nose dive. Took them apart and found crusty cosmoline inside (outside was spotless) and the spring wasnt installed right. Not a single issue since then....

You guys are great shots! I do love to fire 54r at the range. All the pistoleers give you the evil that's cool eye.

Thanks for the complement but I think I am just average and my son Awesome.

Nice shooting, and great recap. I can tell you're smiling as you typed that!
i had some feed issues when i first got mine due to a couple of mags that let the cartriges nose dive. Took them apart and found crusty cosmoline inside (outside was spotless) and the spring wasnt installed right. Not a single issue since then....

Will take that one apart when I get home from gun show and see if same issue.
Thanks for the heads up.
William

Will take that one apart when I get home from gun show and see if same issue.
Thanks for the heads up.
William[/QUOTE]

Some PSLs are picky about mags. I went thru several that didn't feed correctly in mine but they worked perfectly in my friend's rifle. He had one a 5-round mag that didn't work in his but works great in mine. Someone told me that they all need to be fitted to the rifle, but by the time i heard that i already had several that worked great

A lot of my mags had rust spots on the inside which caused the follower to stick. Once I removed the rust they work flawless. The factory scope does add to the fun of it. I have the 8x fixed scope. Love it.

Back
Top Bottom