• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Roof Rack welding needed.

Granite3

Army Icon Supporter
King of Battle
418   0
Reaction score
Need my roof rack supports cut and re welded flat from the roughly 60 degree angle they currently are in. The current supports make the rack sit about 3/4 inch too tall to clear my overhead door.

Cut current support, reweld to the base. Prefer Metro area. I will handle re painting.

Surco mount 2.jpg

It would be tough to cut and reweld without making the mounts to short. Have you tried to slide the mount into the center of the rail then bolt the locking plate on the bottom of the rail ?

Is the garage door,going all the way up, I’m sure you checked it but it you set the upper limit farther back you may be able to get an inch that will make it work. Personally I would want at least 2 inches to take account for small variations. If you snag it pulling in you are going to break a lot of expensive door parts and possible drop the door panel on your truck.

It looks like a steel alloy from the welds. If I am correct there will be several people here that can cut and weld it. The problem will likely be the cost. It will take time to cut, grind and weld, I am assuming there are four mounting brackets.

Yea,

Door is all the way up. I can lower the air suspension and just make it out, one small push. But, my son starts driving next month and my wife likes to drive it as well.

Got a guy in Columbus that will handle it, just do not want to make the drive.....

Back
Top Bottom