• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rough winter for my plant collection

HERMET

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
56   0
Reaction score
The tornado and the subsequent power outage coupled with the below freezing temperatures entirely wiped out my greenhouse plants which are amost all tropical and subtropical. 20 years of work gone.
The only survivors where a few hardy evergreen and deciduous trees that I had put away in cold storage.
I've been feeling rather despondent about it but this week I had a nice gift from mother nature.
My dwarf apple tree has blossomed and is looking especially radiant. Apparently it really enjoyed what otherwise was a miserable winter.
20230308_092907.jpg

shows suppose to be 32 in Macon next wed.mourning better cover up what’s blooming and check your forcast

Sorry for your losses. Glad you found a survivor.

Gonna be a whole lotta losses coming up in the next week.

Sometimes mother nature can be a bitch.

The tornado and the subsequent power outage coupled with the below freezing temperatures entirely wiped out my greenhouse plants which are amost all tropical and subtropical. 20 years of work gone.
The only survivors where a few hardy evergreen and deciduous trees that I had put away in cold storage.
I've been feeling rather despondent about it but this week I had a nice gift from mother nature.
My dwarf apple tree has blossomed and is looking especially radiant. Apparently it really enjoyed what otherwise was a miserable winter.View attachment 5449527
Sad , I know the plant to human relationship , as I have a few tropical plants , Holiday (type) cacti , Many Schefflera plants & a handful of Dracionas that I been raising / cloning since 2000 . Oh +my BIG Sago Palm that needs to be moved to South GA Or Florida.

Good thing Plants are tuff many will come back and thrive ......Good Luck .

Sad , I know the plant to human relationship , as I have a few tropical plants , Holiday (type) cacti , Many Schefflera plants & a handful of Dracionas that I been raising / cloning since 2000 . Oh +my BIG Sago Palm that needs to be moved to South GA Or Florida.

Good thing Plants are tuff many will come back and thrive ......Good Luck .
We have had this split-leaf philodendron for 45+ years. Shortly after my Bride
window10.jpg
passed so did her favorite plant..I kept transferring to larger pots...It's to big for me to move

Back
Top Bottom